Sign in to follow this  
Lynxboy

Recommendation for light aircraft...

Hi there,Whilst waiting for Orbx NRM to download to complement PNW, I was thinking it was about time I bought a light aircraft rather than using the poor default aircraft for low and slow flight.Can anyone recommend something? I've been looking at Carenado as I see a lot of good stuff about them but unsure of which aircraft is best.I don't have much of a criteria, I think I'd prefer retractable landing gear, single or two engined I'm not too fussy on that score. Something better than default and easy on the FPS if possible.Any advice would be gratefully received.Cheers,Adam

While I don't have it - isn't the MilViz Cessna Twin up there with the best ???Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks for the replies so far.I was looking at the Orbx Lancair IV-P - the 33% off is a tempter. Though I'm sorely tempted with the Carenado Cessna C340 II HD as well.Argh, I'm torn, as you can imagine! Does anyone have much experience with the Lancair? I was thinking I could go for this as it is that bit cheaper than the C340 and possibly go for this one at a later date.Ad

for watching scenery, I don't recommend twins but rather high winged aircraft. With twins you have a good view of the engines :(
Excellent advice :) you've just blown my plans out the water lol

Thanks for the replies so far.I was looking at the Orbx Lancair IV-P - the 33% off is a tempter. Though I'm sorely tempted with the Carenado Cessna C340 II HD as well.Argh, I'm torn, as you can imagine! Does anyone have much experience with the Lancair? I was thinking I could go for this as it is that bit cheaper than the C340 and possibly go for this one at a later date.AdExcellent advice :) you've just blown my plans out the water lol
Consider how fast and high you wish to go. Also, consider the type of airports/fields you wish to land on. The A2A Cub is absolute great for low and slow sightseeing. It can also get into and out of any field the PNW area. I have the Carenado Seneca twin, Flight1 337H & D, a nice C182RG, and several other low and high wing planes. My favorvite for sightseeing is the A2A cub, short of a heli. I love helis......

Danny

Cheers Danny.I really am impressed by the Carenado C337H and the CT210M Centurion. Just been watching some videos on You Tube and really like what I see.

I find visibility from the Lancair rather poor and the VC texture rendering unconvincing compared with what is available from A2A, Realair and Milviz. The Carenado Skymaster C337H has very good visibility because the two engines are in line rather than on the wings but it is a bit harder on framerates than some of their earlier planes like the C182RG. The Sibwings Bird Dog probably would suit you best. It has an excellent VC, high wing monoplane configuration and a reasonable flight model.Speed is an important criterion for me because I don't have time for long flights. I often fly military aircraft for scenic flights and I recommend the A2A Spitfire, the Lotus L-39 or the VRS Superbug as being the best examples on the market.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

If you really want low n slow then the A2A cub or the Carenado 185 would be what I'd get

Dean Stringer

Based on your criteria, I would suggest either RealAir or Carenado as the topvendors for your PNW flights.First things to consider are speed and avionics that you would like/need.For small airplanes, the RealAir Scout is great, but not inexpensive (but worth every penny IMHO).Easy on the framerates, fabulous RealAir quality, good avionics, but 120 kts max..The Carenado planes are nice and either a C182, C210 or a C337 would do the job.Again easy on framerates, "pretty good" Carenado panel and avionics.. the C337 coupledwith a RealityXP GNS530W is an awesome airplane..Last but not least, the Lionheart Kodiak deserves mention..Easy on framerates, very nice panel with a pretty decent G1000 installed, andinexpensive. Now you are flying a fast, capable bush plane that will go into andout of any airfield..http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak.html

Bert

Bellanca Viking Turbo :-)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

My favs in this category are the Cessna C185F and the T210M Centurion from Carenado. I also like the RealAir Duke, Flight Replicas Super Cub, and the A2A J3 (but it's so slow). I do most of my hours in the C185F

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Flavour of the month is Bay Tower's RV7. Great little plane with super sounds, terrific visibility, aerobatic or moochin' around + good support from a man who seems to care.. Admittedly it still has a beta label on it but I think most developers would have released it as finished...personally, I think it's done but there are some picky buggers out there! :D Having said that, I couldn't possibly argue with Sibwing's BirdDog, Carenado's C337(their best yet) or A2A's CubTBH, I wouldn't want your job at this time. There are SO many really good products out there. Good luck!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.