Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Scooting over the Fence at Princess Juliana (TNCM)

Terrific...There´s a real pic of this month at Airliners, very similar to this, but taken from the other side with a 737-700 from Copa Airlines. Also performing an ultra low approach, like yours.Fantastic shot.Best.Miquel Egea.Sorry , I had not seen the second pic, that´s more or less ,like the real one, i´m talking about.

tsk, tsk, Paul ... I think you landed before the threshold. I wonder how long that fence has been there. I wonder how often they have to repair or replace that fence. Beautiful screenshot

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

tsk, tsk, Paul ... I think you landed before the threshold. I wonder how long that fence has been there. I wonder how often they have to repair or replace that fence. Beautiful screenshot
Actually I landed where I was supposed to. TNCM is not your typical every day airport and approaches are done just like this in the real world. (Very Low, which is why St. Maarten is one of best plane spotting airports in the world).
[11:55] - On Approach[12:04] - Landing Rate -40fpm[12:04] - 5583 (lbs) of fuel onboard[12:04] - pitch angle -3 degrees[12:04] - Taxiing to Gate[12:07] - Arrived
19911_1178151681.jpg

I think that's a pretty classic-looking TNCM landing. Your scenery is missing the doofusses who stand there at the fence and get knocked over. If you look at his first pic, there's not much of a threshold there...and at 140 knots he's gonna cover that little bit in a hurry, and you gotta get on the hard stuff really fast. Nice job.