Sign in to follow this  
031195ds

FS2004 is lagging too much on my computer!

Hi,FS2004 is lagging too much on my computer even getting a new computer. My computer is aHP PavilionMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bitAMD Athlon II X2 2153.0GB RAMand my graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430I like having sceneries like UK2000 Heathrow and Gatwick and I have World of AI for my traffic.I have my FPS at unlimited and brought my traffic down to 15%.I've also got few sceneries but not loads so is there a way to make my FS2004 not to lag so much?Thanks

I have been getting slow/lagging problems, so much so that I was about to re-install or take up knitting. After a lot of trial and error I discovered the cause was PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus. This was the latest updated 2012 version which although very good (been using their products for years), seems to be very aggresive in scanning. I lowered the settings and when booting FS9 turned off "IntelliGuard" which is a monitor, for 15 minutes. This was the cause of all the troubles, so it may be worth investigating your antivirus program and settings. Hope you cure it and have a Good New YearEchofox

IU've got Sophos Anti-virus and it doesn't effect anything but I do have a PC Hardware Diagnostic Tools. However this doesn't run often it only scans my computer like every month or so, so I don't see the problem coming from these programs. If so what do you want me to do with it and happy new year to you too

PCTools SpywareDoctor didn't seem to affect FS9 and doesn't affect any other programs at present. I suggest you disable your antivirus program and then boot FS9 and see what happens. You could also try disabling running programs, can't do any harm. Hopefully someone with more knowledge may help you.www.iobit.com/gamebooster.htmlEchofox

Is Gamebooster reliable because I'm afraid it might mess up my normal running programs and muck up my other programs

Gamebooster - never had a problem with it. All it does is close unnecessary running programs, some people say it doesn't help, but I use it daily. It's also very useful to have a Registry cleaner, I use Uniblue products, but worth checking on Google. I can't see the point in spending time and money, especially time on FS9, and ignoring the "engine" that's driving it. I also have "Smart Defrag 2" installed, another freebee, also never had problems. Also have you installed Flight1's "Registry Repair Tool", free from Flight1.com., absolutely necessary application.Echofox

Nice softwares and programmes but some say you should only have one registry cleaner because I have CCleaner and it's one of the most recommended freeware registry cleaners but this don't make anny difference on my FS9 gameplay. Also I defrag my computer nearly every month with Disk Defragmenter so I don't see the point on installing Smart Defrag to be honest.Is there any other ways instead of using other softwares that close other programmes and installing softwares? Is there anything I can do to the FS9.cfg or settings on the display or something?Thanks