Sign in to follow this  
bytes

Additional New Pictures of King Air C90 Up

It is probably too much to ask for, but it would really make the Sound package a winner if the prop sounds were added for when the power levers are placed in the Beta range. This is a distinctive sound that is sweet to the ear. Beta range is marked off between idle and reverse on the control pedestal for the power levers. It is visible on the default King Air 350 in FS9, but the sound is not there. Nor is it in the Turbine Sound Studios' King Air sound package.Beta range is used during ground control to make turns and braking using the power levers only as the range provides manual blade angle control providing positive and negative thrust. I doubt that part can be modeled in FSX, but the sound could be added for when the power levers are in the Beta range.Russ

Guest bstolle

The Carenado 208 has exactly that beta-sound feature....the correct beta range behaviour has been implemented already for the JetPROP DL and it will of course be in the C90 as well.

bstolle, thank you for the great news! Is it possible the last frontier is to be able to draim the fuel sump drains during preflight? Oh my, as real as it can get LOL.gifLoving it,Russ

Ugh, you guys are doing some harm to my wallet these months, first the A36, soon the Malibu, and finally a proper C90.....looks fantastic.

Carenado,Could you please tell which LJ-number (around, don't have to specific if you are not allowed to disclose it) is this based on and which year model?Br,Tero

Mmm, sounds like you guys are a lot more enthusiastic about this plane than me. I had the Carenado C340 and after getting the RealAir Duke, I no longer fly the C340! IMO the Duke is far superior. I will be extremely interested in hearing some feedback from guys who can offer a driect comparison between the Duke and the C90 once it arrives. Sure, I realise they are completely different aircraft, but I don't feel the need to have more than one exceptional twin. The C90 certainly looks beautifully modelled, but unless it has some 'soul' like my Duke, then it won't find a place in my humble hanger. I wait with baited breath.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Guest bstolle

I can assure you that the PT6 simulation on the JetPROP and the C90 is by far more realistic than on the Duke, in flight, on ground in beta, etc...The C340 is still old generation FDE wise but I think you will agree that the 340s visual model and VC was already more realistic than the Dukes.

I can assure you that the PT6 simulation on the JetPROP and the C90 is by far more realistic than on the Duke, in flight, on ground in beta
Interesting comment... if that is the case then I too will look forward to the C90, although in my books, it has a lot to live up to with the RealAir Duke :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776