Sign in to follow this  
Skip Talbot

Flight Autogen Traffic Bug

I just installed the Flight beta, and didn't know which forum to post this in as my login doesn't appear to be working at Microsoft Connect yet. Anyway, I'm trying to report a bug in the autogen boat traffic that I noticed. At startup, the autogen traffic works great, but after a few hours of game play I noticed that most of the boat traffic had disappeared. After quite a bit of flying around (it takes awhile to reach this point in the RV-7), I discovered that the boat traffic eventually collides with the wall surrounding the Hawaiian islands and gets stuck. I'm sure its probably just an issue with the AI paths not being updated to account for the addition of the wall, but wanted to make sure the guys at MS were aware of it. Here's a screenshot of the issue:truman.jpg

Just out of curiosity, when did you start beta testing Flight?
You didn't recognize the satire in the post? It was mildly humorous...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Skip,This is a known issue with beta rel. 4.7 as is supposed to be fixed in 5.0. Apparently the rendering engine is supposed to route the water traffic in somewhat of a circle to keep everything moving fluidly. But as you indicated, the traffic is "sticking" to the invisible Hawaiian barrier wall. Since the simulator is confined to an area (Hawaii) I think a better solution would be to just have the water traffic dissapear when and if it reaches the wall. Better that than to look into the distance and see a plane bouncing off an imagenery area.

Uhh... that's a well known beta bug, it is called " The Truman Show " one cause of the wall barriers stopping activities behind the curtain.I hope it will be fixed in the Beta SP1.

Would have been more believable if you had called the Vans by its correct type...RV-6A.

Brandon Filer

You didn't recognize the satire in the post? It was mildly humorous...
I thought everything on this message board was supposed to be 100% serious as well as accurate. hmmmmmmmNo room for fluff. Cup of tea anyone? :(

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I appreciate the humor with which this post was made.But seriously; do people really think that Flight will be like this? Go too far from the Hawaiian islands and bam you hit a wall; like the WWI game that came with Sublogic Flight Simulator?CF1 and CF2 were both based on MSFS; CF1 was the European theater, while CFS2 was the Pacific theater. But, in both cases, you could still fly to other parts of the world; the continents are all still there; just no scenery or airports on them. And, of course, you could still add scenery to those areas, which is what most folks did.I think the main question is how much scenery will there be outside of Hawaii; based only on what we have seen so far. Will the rest of the world be like CFS; or the same level of detail we have seen in the past in FS. I still think it will more like the latter than the former. And, you can add still more scenery if you want to; it will be through the online store rather than hunting the web for what you are looking for.-James

But seriously; do people really think that Flight will be like this? Go too far from the Hawaiian islands and bam you hit a wall;
Of course not. There's no need to put in a physical wall when the range of the Stearman, Maule, and RV-6A effectively keeps you on the islands or you'll have to ditch into the Pacific. "But there will be airliners!" I'm not sure why you need airliners to go island hopping. "But I'll just press Y and slew off to the mainland." Sure, if slewing is enabled or even implemented in Flight. Ah but seriously, I really don't know what to expect given the mix of (sparse) information. I'll probably enjoy the game either way. In the meantime, its just fun to poke at the speculative, overly excited crowd.

Of course not. There's no need to put in a physical wall when the range of the Stearman, Maule, and RV-6A effectively keeps you on the islands or you'll have to ditch into the Pacific. "But there will be airliners!" I'm not sure why you need airliners to go island hopping. "But I'll just press Y and slew off to the mainland." Sure, if slewing is enabled or even implemented in Flight. Ah but seriously, I really don't know what to expect given the mix of (sparse) information. I'll probably enjoy the game either way. In the meantime, its just fun to poke at the speculative, overly excited crowd.
Are you reading in the right forum?

I (and you too) will be fixed next year as a part of the SP8 update to FlightBRING DOWN THAT WALL !!!specs:I specualte that I have a P95 running OC'ed at 101 MHz (maybe higher), 4 MB RAM, and a soundcard. I have a new 16-bit colorfull display (Gorgeous I might add)The reason I still have such an antiquity is because I bought it through our friendly HorseHolder Financials at 33% double compounded interest at low low monthly paymnets of only 21 dollars a month for 22 yearsal

I wondered why MS had called the beta installer flight_dark_city.exe. Makes sense now.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.