Sign in to follow this  
fuzzdemon

Adding light effects to objects

Is it possible to take a scenery object (API etc) and add a light effect to it (like a street light) or even better download a street light macro with nice glowing light effect suing the default fs9 effects?Ive literally spent years on and off trying to achieve this but I always get stuck either with the exported files not being recognised by scenery design programs or errors that I cant find a solution for.Thanks

Sometimes it takes more than 5 hours to get a response.Patience, Grasshopper.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

You may not have noticed, but this is a holiday season. One could imagine that most people are spending time with their families.Best regards.Luis

Whats happened to this place, people used to jump all over questions here, seems very dead now.
There are lights in the library that can be placed with an object placement tool. Search Sidney Schwartz as the author.Another NEWS flash! FSX came out over 5 years ago and a lot of the people switched to it, including me. I don't recall, nor do I want to try to recall how to work with a game that was introduced back in 2003. There are many different methods in doing scenery work and trying to keep up with one game's methods is taxing, much less two game's methods.

There are lights in the library that can be placed with an object placement tool. Search Sidney Schwartz as the author.Another NEWS flash! FSX came out over 5 years ago and a lot of the people switched to it, including me. I don't recall, nor do I want to try to recall how to work with a game that was introduced back in 2003. There are many different methods in doing scenery work and trying to keep up with one game's methods is taxing, much less two game's methods.
I hear that bro, im just checking to see if some genius has made a program that makes it easy to add lighting effects yet. Thats all ive ever really looked for in scenery design cos I fly at dusk/night mostly.Thanks for the help looking into that now.Do you mean proper glowing effect lights or just colour lights? the effects lights have a bigger view distance so they are the little buggars im after. I somehow managed it long time ago i think i used apt210 and manipulated it somehow and i made street lights for about 2000 miles, looked awesome.btw i tried fsx twice and it simply wasnt as good as it should have been, they need to make a sim thats visually stunning, as it should be these days, and directly mainly at scenery designers and take that damn restriction off the view distance of objects.