Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Joystick [Saitek] Advice please

Hi guys,I have been using the saitek yoke for years and years and years,I am getting to the stage though, where I need to take my desktop to University, and won't be able to transport it with the desktop. I have managed to hold flight sim till my return to home, but a lot happens and I miss it :D.I am between two joysticks, the Saitek X52 and the X52 pro..I am struggling to really see the difference so any advice on these or others, would be Greatly appreciated !all the bestAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi guys,I have been using the saitek yoke for years and years and years,I am getting to the stage though, where I need to take my desktop to University, and won't be able to transport it with the desktop. I have managed to hold flight sim till my return to home, but a lot happens and I miss it :D.I am between two joysticks, the Saitek X52 and the X52 pro..I am struggling to really see the difference so any advice on these or others, would be Greatly appreciated !all the bestAlex
Well, get either if they're on sale! Those are great sticks at a great price brand new. The Pro looks and feels more expensive (metal rotary knobs, etc). Other wise they are the same stick. One feature the Pro does have, is it's MFD screen can be used for things like radio frequency changing and the like.The MFD and aesthetics is what really sets the Pro apart.Honestly the only other stick I would consider would be the Warthog, but that price tag is too steep.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

AFAIK, the only difference between the base and pro X52 is centering strength. The pro uses a dual spring setup for better centering. I have the base X52 and it's a great general HOTAS system, though it's still fairly large in size. For college you might consider using a simple joystick such as the Saitek Cyborg FLY. This stick combines the throttle into the Joystick base. From what I remember of college (all 5 years ago) space is at a premium. At least in dorms...-Bryant Martin

i went for the x52 pro,and, honestly, i prefer it to the pro flight yoke! :( :( :( .. the throttle is amazing! and you can plug it into the yoke I believe!?!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK