Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Forum Color Coding Underway and Menus

You will probably have noticed some changes in forum labels. If you haven't, you really do need to have your eyes checked. However, having said that, I am color blind, so what follows is akin to my wife sewing different barcodes into my clothes. "Ah, this bar code is common to that pair of pants and that shirt, and those socks. Viloa! The all match". All of that is my lead up to an excuse... If you don't like my color picks, blame it on my wife. She's not here to guide me through the matching!Yes, we are adding colors to the forums. It is a work in progress, so don't get too excited about the colors yet. You will notice however, that we are color coding the various major categories. Examples for the moment, include PMDG, MFS, X-Plane, etc. We are still working it.We are also working on re-engineering our menu system. What is now a pretty "flat" menu system (the one at the top of the forums header), is getting to my last good nerve, so I am about to put it on steroids... Over the next couple of weeks, if you see funcalities happening in the menu system, just put it up to me screwing things up temporarily.Hope you like the new paint job (and those that come!).

It's working great on my iphone-and I really like the colors!

It's working great on my iphone-and I really like the colors!
I'm on an iPhone as well, but if you go into the PMDG forum for example, it is all flat looking and there are missing buttons and a part of code at the top.Still works, just kind of wonky...

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

What additional information will the colour coding provide?

Wow. I never knew IP.Board was SO customizable! I'm really impressed with this forum software. I mean, you even added a map to show where people live. What if you changed the Location thing next to our name to nearest airfield? Then, on the member's map, it would show every airport and how many people live nearby it.

What if you changed the Location thing next to our name to nearest airfield? Then, on the member's map, it would show every airport and how many people live nearby it.
The user places the pin, so if they want to put it at their home airport that's okay too.

I also like the colour coding....although I disagree with the colour choice for the hardware forums. Hardware forums need a strong colour that reflects the trials and tribulations we all face when trying to get our FS hardware up to snuff. Just%20Kidding.gif

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I also like the colour coding....although I disagree with the colour choice for the hardware forums. Hardware forums need a strong colour that reflects the trials and tribulations we all face when trying to get our FS hardware up to snuff. Just%20Kidding.gif
LOL Yes perhaps "Dark Brooding" and "Red Rage" or even "Panic Yellow" would be more appropriate, as well as just some plain off colour various degrees of "Yucky Blues" here and there. Then people can post where they best relate to at that moment. "Temporary Satisfaction" might be a gentle green. I am not quite sure what "False Hope" and "Dubious Claims" should look like. Any ideas?There could also be a hardware subforum called "Blind Leading the Blind" that should be a bright flashing orange neon.Kind regards,

I guess color coding didn't work out all that well, since I see we're back to dull old monochrome again...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator