Sign in to follow this  
Birdman

Printing the Manual

Hello all. PMDG please respond also.I guess this will probably sound stupid but does printing out the PMDG manuals for ones personal use violate the copyright agreements? I'm one of those who love reading in bed but right now I use my netbook and adobe to read the PMDG Manuals . (Talking about the 737 NGX Manuals.) The reason I ask is that each page says 'Do Not Duplicate' so I suppose this answers my question, but still I wonder does this also apply for personal use?Thanks Ed BurtonStill reading manuals and hope to take her up soon :-)

You can print that manuals out for your personal use. Be warned your gonna use a lot of ink to print everything.

Hello all. PMDG please respond also.I guess this will probably sound stupid but does printing out the PMDG manuals for ones personal use violate the copyright agreements? I'm one of those who love reading in bed but right now I use my netbook and adobe to read the PMDG Manuals . (Talking about the 737 NGX Manuals.) The reason I ask is that each page says 'Do Not Duplicate' so I suppose this answers my question, but still I wonder does this also apply for personal use?Thanks Ed BurtonStill reading manuals and hope to take her up soon :-)
Do a simple google/wikipedia search for "Fair Use Doctrine." I'm not your lawyer, so don't take my word as gospel, but copyright protection does not prohibit reproduction for strictly personal use--even if the manual is marked "Do Not Duplicate."

You certainly can print the manuals for your own use, but beware:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344558-printing-ngx-documentation/page__fromsearch__1Good Luck

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

You certainly can print the manuals for your own use, but beware:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344558-printing-ngx-documentation/page__fromsearch__1Good Luck
You mean beware of the cost? If so, I agree. But I wouldn't be too concerned about some Kinko employee's take on copyright law. And Homeland Security doesn't even come into the equation. You already have an electronic copy of these manuals (which PMDG's license from Boeing no doubt permits). It makes no difference if you then print it.

If I was you, I would have ordered a truck full of paper and ink already. :)

If I was you, I would have ordered a truck full of paper and ink already. :)
And also, dont forget....if you ever want to get rid of this printed material, you'll need a high-tech shredder (available from The Pentagon for $5800...same item available at Office Depot for $79). There ARE classified docs, you know.

$2500.00 for manuals? That is crazy! I could build the Ultimate FSX rig for that! :(

Will still cost you a couple hundred at Kinkos. Seems like the least expensive option is to buy the manuals from PMDG.

Will still cost you a couple hundred at Kinkos. Seems like the least expensive option is to buy the manuals from PMDG.
Buy an iPad.....I have all my manuals and books on it and I can read it anywhere and everywhere!I also have a lot of manuals printed and bound from here http://www.doxdirect.com/ but prefer the iPad method. The printed advantage is I can flick through pages really quickly, keeping fingers in certain sections, which is an advantage over the iPad.For the cost of buying the PMDG manuals you may as well save a little more! Edited by graham3278

Buying the manual is anytime better than printing it..Awesome quality ..Plus you get the real authentic feel about having the Boeing Manuals..

And also, dont forget....if you ever want to get rid of this printed material, you'll need a high-tech shredder (available from The Pentagon for $5800...same item available at Office Depot for $79). There ARE classified docs, you know.
Hahaha. You ARE kidding, right?