Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Flight1 Cessna 162 Skycatcher

Hi everyone,I see the Flight1 162 Skycatcher was released. How is the product overall...FPS hit is a biggy for me as I see glass in this one..also the handling, soundset etc... your thoughts please? The VC looks a little cartoonish in a few areas by comparison to my Carenado fleet of aircraft, however pics can be deceiving. I am very tempted by this release while waiting for Carenado's Malibu. Flight1 is amazing in customer service, and I know I can return if not satisfied, but would rather get opinions from owners before going through all of that.Thanks in advance. :)Best, Jeff

I didn't buy it simply because it's not my style of flying... but there's 25 or so responses in this thread:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/357239-flight1-c162-skycatcher-is-out-and-5-off/page__hl__skycatcher

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Jeff,Your concern is basically the same as mine. I'm also expecting the Malibu but as a Flight1 Mustang and CT182T owner I had to give this product a try and for $29.95 (with coupon) is really good price for this quality. First of all the FPS are waaaaay better than the previous two models cited before so no problem here. The modelling is superb, if you see real cockpit pictures you will note that this is a sport aircraft, all dark inside with no luxury finish like say the CT182T for instance or some Carenado products, so IMHO the VC is not cartoonish. The handling is pretty solid, the sounds are ok for me (there are no switch sounds) and the best thing is the Garmin package. Overall I'm pleased with this product and I'm also waiting for the Malibu.Alex

Alexander Colka

Thanks for your replies gents. Much appreciated.Alex, the cartoon stuff was just a couple of textures, but because they were screen shots and the perspective was zoomed out alittle bit, that is most likely why I saw it like that. Glad you guys like her. Might pick her up when I get in.Definitely can't wait for the Malibu, and while we're at it...the Kingair C90. Some really nice releases lately :)Best, Jeff

No 2-D panel on that one?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

No 2-D panel on that one?
No, but it wouldn't take more than a few hours at most to make one... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No, but it wouldn't take more than a few hours at most to make one... ;)
I know. :-)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png