Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Very touchy nose wheel steering and brakes

The application level settings that work just fine for all my other aircraft in FSX are way too sensitive on this V35 - the brakes and nose wheel steering are just way too touchy. Has anybody else notice this and/or made adjustments to the configuration files to fix it?Thx,Chris B."flapsdown"

I have rudder and brake sensitivity issues with most aircraft using CH rudder pedals and calibrated through the registered FSUIPC.Which equipment are you using and which settings do you recommend?

I am using Saitek Rudder Pedals ( along with the Yoke, Thottle Quad and Switch Panel as well), and the FSX app level settings (not using FSUIPC) for the rudder and brakes that is reccomended by them - approx 25% rudder sensitivity with like a 5% null zone , but around 70% brake sensitivity with no null zone for the brakes - these seem to work reasonably well with every other aircraft except this one, so I am kind of hesitant to mess with them and was hoping maybe there was an individual cfg value in the aircraft.cfg that might tone this down a bit...

Guest bstolle

You can reduce the brakes effectiveness and the nosewheel steering angle by changing the values in red in the cfg file(example below is from a different plane)[contact_points] point.0 = 1, 6.4, 0.0, -4.18, 2000, 0, 0.59, 25.0, 0.32, 1.25, 0.9, 4.5, 4.5, 0, 135.0, 137.0[brakes]toe_brakes_scale = 0.8 //Brake scalar

Also note that Bonanzas were notorious for touchy brakes and poor steering owing to design limitations ......

Thx for the responses guys.I will give changing these settings a shot.I wasn't aware that Bonanzas were noted for steering and brakes twitchiness, but this bad boy sure is the most nervous and touchy plane I have...Chris B.

Edited by flapsdown

Guest bstolle

Is that with the original V35 files or with the new 'optional' FDE....

This touchy behavior is with the optional FDE - though I did have to copy the [LIGHTS] section over from the original final to get the beacon, strobe and nav lights to work...