Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpeedPilot

Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant and Spoilers on the 737NGX

I recently purchased the PMDG 737NGX base pack and the extention pack. One problem I'm having with it is trying to get my Saitek Pro Throttle Quadrant's lever to set up the visual detent with some deadzone on the Saitek throttle quadrant where I want to arm the spoilers. If I don't use FSUIPC to set up my Arm Spoilers detent and just use the FSX axis assignments to set up one lever for spoilers which also means no deadzone detent for arming spoilers, then the spoilers on this aircraft work but then I can't have a deadzone for the Arming the spoilers on the spoiler's axis. This means I have to be very precise of where I position my spoiler's lever for arming the spoilers so I don't actually deploy the spoilers unintentionaly. If I use FSUIPC and let FSUIPC do the calibrating of the spoiler's axis, the center values have no affect on the Arm spoilers detent on this aircraft as I witness inside the VC of this aircraft while testing out the spoilers. Other aircraft I have for FSX, have the center value of the spoiler's axis correspond to the Arm spoilers detent but in this one the Center values don't seem to correspond to the spot where the arming of the spoilers will take place. Also using FSUIPC to just set up the center detent of the spoiler's axis on this aircraft but allow FSX to handle the calibration makes the spoilers act weird. I don't want to not use FSUIPC for the spoilers and then have to be very precise of where I place my lever to get the spoilers to arm since I don't get a deadzone where the spoilers arm doing it that way. Is there a way I can make the center detent on the spoiler's axis through FSUIPC act as the arm spoilers position on this aircraft?

I use saitek throttles configured via FSUIPC. I simply assigned the lever via FSUIPC - no deadzones or anything fancy.When I move the lever handle about 5-7 cm. back, the spoilers arm, and after that they deploy as they should - works like a charm. I've put a white marking using tape on the throttle base to know where the the spoilers arm.Mas

Martin Jensen

Problem is that I fly all types of aircraft in FSX and I set my lever's spoiler arm detent at the 75 mark with a bit of deadzone on my quadrant. I'd like to have the 737NGX have it's spoilers arm detent set at the 75 mark too. What happens if I set it that way is that the spoilers will deploy slightly if I put it at the 75 mark of my lever's gauge since it's a little bit past this aircraft's spoiler's arm position. The spoiler's deploy normal at touchdown though even if they are slightly past the arm position for this 737 NGX. I'd rather have my spoiler's arm detent at the 75 mark since it's the 2nd highest visual mark on my throttle quadrant and it makes it very intuitive to set the detent there for spoiler arming. That's the spoiler arm detent that I set for all my airliners in FSX.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,950.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now