Sign in to follow this  
N1G

VOXATC AI Traffic confusion - Need clarity

Hi,Most threads I have read about how VOXATC utilizes AI traffic, and what AI packages it can utilize, and any pitfalls that may be associated with any given 3rd party AI Traffic program, have not really been answered clearly. Many of the threads state something simple like "VOXATC can use UT2". What does that mean? Anyway I have a few questions belowVOXATC....1. injects it's own traffic. What does this mean? I run UT2, which is also injecting traffic. So do I have UT2 injecting traffic as well as VOXATC? It would seem that VOXATC would not be able to control UT2 simply because it has it's own code base and runs outside of FSX2. VOXATC states that you must disable internal FSX traffic by setting all traffic sliders to zero. So this would mean that I can no longer use the generated BGL traffic used at many of the ORBX addon airports.I am just trying to get a clear understanding of how VOXATC utilizes AI traffic, and cannot find a clear concise explanation anywhere.RegardsBob

Hi,Most threads I have read about how VOXATC utilizes AI traffic, and what AI packages it can utilize, and any pitfalls that may be associated with any given 3rd party AI Traffic program, have not really been answered clearly. Many of the threads state something simple like "VOXATC can use UT2". What does that mean? Anyway I have a few questions belowVOXATC....1. injects it's own traffic. What does this mean? I run UT2, which is also injecting traffic. So do I have UT2 injecting traffic as well as VOXATC? It would seem that VOXATC would not be able to control UT2 simply because it has it's own code base and runs outside of FSX2. VOXATC states that you must disable internal FSX traffic by setting all traffic sliders to zero. So this would mean that I can no longer use the generated BGL traffic used at many of the ORBX addon airports.I am just trying to get a clear understanding of how VOXATC utilizes AI traffic, and cannot find a clear concise explanation anywhere.RegardsBob
Hey Bob. I am trying to set up the 7-day trial which i am almost at the end of now. One of the problems i have is exactly relevant to your question.1) As i understand, Voxatc uses AI aircraft files and inject's them into the sim, whether they be Ut2. MyTraffic or FSX. I believe you have to temporarily remove the aircraft files of AI planes you don't want to see and then run the Voxatc indexer which scans the available AI and then uses whatever it has found. Additionally for UT2, you have to run a tool from Voxatc called the 'UT2Bridge' tool in order for this to work with UT2. (Still doesn't work for me)I have done this but still have empty airports. I don't think the Voxatc Indexer is scanning my UT2 Aircraft folder in Sim ObtjectsAirplanes directory. The reason i say this is that if i leave the FSX AI a/c in and don't zero my traffic sliders in FSX, i get all kinds of FSX AI.I have contacted the developer but no answer yet (I think they are off for the holidays so am hopeful for the new year)2) I can not comment on this other than the only a/c i can see is some stationary ones at Flightbeam KSFO.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey Bob,I think I answered you those questions in this thread just now.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358137-voxatc-cpu-usage-core-usage-and-cpu-hit/if it is still not clear don't hesitate asking and I will clear things out for you.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Akila, WannabflyerThanks much. I guess the confusion came from me not understanding if I should still execute UT2. VOXATC just finds the models and flight plans etc. This makes sense. I will disable UT2. Since I am just doing the trial I really don't care about any AI at the moment.RegardsBob

VoxATC would generate your UT2 AI, so you not loosing much.but there are two things you loose:1) You can't control in VoxATC the density of the AI traffic to be spawned based on how much GA traffic you like and how much Airliner traffic, like you have in the UT2 settings tool (also known as , Daily schedule and weekly schedule in UT2 tool)2) although it imports the planes and flight plan(s) of the AI Traffic, it doesn't import or utilize the Schedule. i.e. if you at at an airport the traffic you would see the correct UT2 AI injected for that Airport and the flight route, however the Schedule is random as far as time table and not based on the UT2 schedule. it is based on the UT2 Flight plan but just at a random time of the day.Personally for me it's not really a big issue(s), it is something I willing to live with for the price of the huge added value of a true real ATC program.BTW - if you do have other AI traffic BGLs out there installed, Vox would use them as well.All you need to make sure is that no one else apart from Vox should inject that traffic.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg