Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brett Nicholls

Graphics Cards

Hi all and a Happy New Year.I'm curious to know what differences clock speeds make with FSX. Pmdg recommends using a 1 Gig card for the NGX 737. I'm using an ATI 4850with 512 meg of ram .1 Gig would help as I can see when I change between the outside view to the virtual cockpit takes about 1 second to be fully visible again. So does clock speed make a big difference. I'm looking at getting a Msi GTX 560 TI SOC to 950 as much the same price as the standard 560 Ti about 820mhz. I know FSX is mainly CPU and I have my 2500k running @ 4.6. Would a non Ti 560 GTX suffice?Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance

Brett Nicholls

Asus P8p67 Pro, 2500k@ 4.8

8 Gig Gskill CL8

MSI GTX 560ti 880 Mhz

Antec High Current Gamer 750W

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with 2 Arctic Cooling F2 fans

REX 2 + REX overdrive

PMDG NGX 737

customer.jpg

Overclocking the graphics card shouldn't make much difference. It'll help, but I doubt it'd be enough to perceive. Probably enough to allow a slightly higher aa but that'd be it.Edit: compared to your current card yes, it'll make a noticeable difference, but not between two of the same card, one with a 10-15% oc.

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

41%
    $10,310.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now