Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Behind the Scenes at PMDG Idea

Here's an idea for the PMDG team:You guys should make a "behind the scenes" video at some point. Many gaming developers do it and why don't you? The video could be a 10 minute tour of the office. Start from the outside and work your way in and introduce each person as well as their job at PMDG. It would be nice for us, your devoted fans, to see what you guys go through when making these products as well as the environment you work in. Not only would this be nice for us but it could strengthen that bond between devs and their fans.

Here's an idea for the PMDG team:You guys should make a "behind the scenes" video at some point. Many gaming developers do it and why don't you? The video could be a 10 minute tour of the office. Start from the outside and work your way in and introduce each person as well as their job at PMDG. It would be nice for us, your devoted fans, to see what you guys go through when making these products as well as the environment you work in. Not only would this be nice for us but it could strengthen that bond between devs and their fans.
I think they just work from home, so it wouldnt be possible.Aaron G.

At launch, it was my understanding that there was a PMDG office in Nevada. I might be wrong though.

At launch, it was my understanding that there was a PMDG office in Nevada. I might be wrong though.
I think that is Roberts house! McPhat said PMDG has no office.Aaron G.

I dont think They have an office each person works at Their homes.

Rich Sennett

Just look at all the flags on the default livery. Many people from many places, not really a office situation. I guess you can say the office is a server and the internet and maybe a P.O box!

Guys- its been said before. The PMDG team are contractors. The only ' employeee ' is most likely RSR. HIs office is on the second floor of the house i would imagine.Having an office would be illogical given the team is spread out all over the world and they all have "day " jobs.

Peter Osborn

You are all wrong! Don't you know they are all crammed into a cockpit of a 737-100 that they bought on the cheap? And their lunchroom, if you want to call it that, are the old seats that were ripped out of the very same aircraft, however some of the tray tables do not function anymore so a table was fashioned out of a piece of plywood sitting atop of 2 sawhorses.

\Robert Hamlich/

Better idea. Each person has their own blog, showing their work area and what they do. Then you put it together and voila! No? Alright then. I'll shut up.

Better idea. Each person has their own blog, showing their work area and what they do. Then you put it together and voila! No? Alright then. I'll shut up.
I agree with you, a abehind the scenes would be really nice

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

i dont think anything will beat the "Behind the Scene" at Bethesda video that I watched. I would give my right arm and leg to work there. Would be like going to heaven =)

i dont think anything will beat the "Behind the Scene" at Bethesda video that I watched. I would give my right arm and leg to work there. Would be like going to heaven =)
Ah yes. I've played too much Skyrim for my own good.

Okay. Now I'm curious. How does PMDG coordinate everything and make such quality products if everybody works at home? Very interested to know how you communicate.

You guys should make a "behind the scenes" video at some point. Many gaming developers do it and why don't you? The video could be a 10 minute tour of the office.
First question I am going to ask; do you know what any of these guys look like (other than Rob)? AVSIM could hire guys off the street, brush 'em off, stand 'em up and feed them some sim speak. A little Thunderbird coupled with an hour and we would have an Oscar winning team.The second question I have is; the team gets blasted everytime a non-commitment slips by the self assigned expectations of their users. You want them to take time out of their development schedule to futz around with directing a bunch of Thunderbird slurping dudes off the street? I don't think that makes much sense from a number of different perspectives. :(

Very interested to know how you communicate.
Pony Express