Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Cann't Start

...yes it cranks, blades a rotating a bit but this is it, (No, it's not fuel selector issue) ..Magnetos, Batteries, all seems to be okay, but yet I can't start this puppy .....Any ideas ???????Tnx&May the next year keep all Simmers happy and safe :) Yair

Guest BeaverDriver

Sounds like you checked the fuel selector position, but did you try rotating it before starting? Sounds nuts, but FSX will remember the last fuel selector state on the next flight even if that state doesn't exist on that airplane (i.e. the "OFF" position). Just for the heck of it, try rotating the selector to L, then R, then to BOTH and see what happens. I've been caught on that a few times now. Good luck :).

Have you tried to start one of the default a/c? If you are successfull starting the FSX default cessna for example, try the following:1. Load the default a/c anywhere and go through its start-up procedure.2. Once you have the default started, go to menu and select "end flight" (leave the default a/c running!)3. Load your desired a/c and attempt to start it.I know this sounds illogical but sometimes when third-party aircraft have trouble starting and you are certain you followed the correct start-up procedures you can actually get them started by following the above procedure.Good Luck!

Guest BeaverDriver

Good thought. My guess though is that when you load the other aircraft after starting a default, the other machine will already be running. However, try it, and if it is running, shut it down and then try starting it.Typically when an aircraft won't start, the starter torque is too low, but that should affect everyone. Man, that's frustrating and I wish I had something more for you at this point. Can you confirm that you are running the default air and cfg files for that airplane?

Hey Glenn, I have run into N1125Y's problem on several occasions and the procedure I outlined above seems to work for me on my system at least. The latest episode took place this weekend. I have the Quest Kodiak and fly it regularily. I purchased and downloaded the OV-10 Bronco this weekend. After loading the Bronco and getting familiar with it, I took it up for a spin over KOLM. Wonderful a/c - I couldn't be more pleased with Aerosoft's product.I loaded a new flight involving my old friend, the Kodiak - - and found I could not start it for love nor money! I then brought up the Carenado T210M just to see what would happen with that aircraft and had the same problem.I loaded the default cessna and it started. After performing the procedure as outlined above both my Kodiak and my T210C started successfully. Not sure why this happens however I think I might have a clue. The Aerosoft folks have included a pre-configured flight that installs with the a/c and is designed to assist those who have difficulties starting the Bronco since the Bronco start-up procedure can be complicated. They actually state that you can go into your "saved flights" menu and select their pre-prepared flight and change the time and location but you should not try to change anything else. This gives me the thought that some of the files that load with the Bronco when you select this pre-prepared flight might conflict with something. When you load the default a/c and start it, apparently this action "re-sets" some of those files - I'm guessing now. This only happens with the Bronco when you load Aerosoft's pre-prepared flight. If you have been using another a/c, end that flight and load the Bronco from the "change aircraft" location, fly the Bronco and end that flight, go back to another a/c - everything works normally.I also had this problem some time ago when I purchased and downloaded the RealAir SF260 (another aircraft that I love to fly!) and I was able to resolve that issue doing the same thing.BTW - when you do bring up the aircraft that you previously could not start you will find I comes up in one of two states. Either it displays "cold and dark" or it displays with the engine on and the prop turning but the engine will stop after 1 or 2 seconds and you will have to run through the start-up procedure.Hope this helps!John

Guest BeaverDriver

YIKES! Man, I wouldn't want an aircraft on my system that had that sort of effect on other machines. It sounds like you pretty much have it nailed down and it would be interesting to know if the original poster has the same aircraft, or another that "simplifies" a start up with a mini-program of its own. I would suggest he try your solution first and see what happens. That's really interesting. Kudos to you for figuring it out - might save a lot of others a headache or 3 :).