Sign in to follow this  
SpeedPilot

Should I get the Saitek Pro Cessna yoke and trim wheel?

I fly many kinds of civil aircraft in FSX ranging from GA single prop aircraft to 4-engine jet liners. I usually use autopilot unless I fly a very short distance or the aircraft does not have autopilot. I already have a CH Flightstick Pro, 2 Saitek throttle quadrants, and Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. I was thinking about adding a bit more realistic control in FSX. Would the Saitek Pro Cessna Yoke be good for all types of civil aircraft or just the Cessna 172? Should I go for the older version yoke if I fly many types of civil aircraft in FSX? Also would Saitek's Cessna trim wheel be good for all types of aircraft in FSX or should I just stick to my throttle quadrant's rocker buttons for elevator trim?

About Saitek Pro Yoke Cessna, I am in doubt also caters for all types of aircraft, but as I'm starting in the simulator, I see a big difference in the other model, the SaitekPro Yoke Cessna has a major axis is 180 ° turn and is an accurate replica of aCessna light aircraft.But admit that I am still in doubt which model is best for all types of aircraft.

You can use the yoke for what you like really...i have the proflight yoke (non cessna) and it works well with a 747, down to a cub.My personal prefrence is that the proflight yoke is better ( i havnt used the cessna yoke though) looking, and it has a digital timer/clock..and looking at the buttons on the cessna yoke,they look very bulky compared to the low profile buttons on the other yoke...i dont know where you are (profile not filled out) but here in the UK, the cessna yoke is £50 more than the proflight yoke, and to me you get less ( no digi clock).I'd go with proflight yoke.

You can use the yoke for what you like really...i have the proflight yoke (non cessna) and it works well with a 747, down to a cub.My personal prefrence is that the proflight yoke is better ( i havnt used the cessna yoke though) looking, and it has a digital timer/clock..and looking at the buttons on the cessna yoke,they look very bulky compared to the low profile buttons on the other yoke...i dont know where you are (profile not filled out) but here in the UK, the cessna yoke is £50 more than the proflight yoke, and to me you get less ( no digi clock).I'd go with proflight yoke.
I have the Cessna after many years with the Pro. The Cessna is basically the same as the Pro with 180 degrees of bank rotation. The buttons are not really an issue. The trim wheel is on a USB axis so it interferes with the autopilot elevator trim function. If you trim nose up, for example, and engage the autopilot for altitude or vertical speed control, at the moment that you disengage the autopilot, you will instantly return to the nose up trim setting. This can really destabilize your approach if you are on final. IMHO it is better to have buttons conrol your axis trims.K

I have the Cessna after many years with the Pro. The Cessna is basically the same as the Pro with 180 degrees of bank rotation. The buttons are not really an issue. The trim wheel is on a USB axis so it interferes with the autopilot elevator trim function. If you trim nose up, for example, and engage the autopilot for altitude or vertical speed control, at the moment that you disengage the autopilot, you will instantly return to the nose up trim setting. This can really destabilize your approach if you are on final. IMHO it is better to have buttons conrol your axis trims.K
OK, so now I have learned a big lesson. If you have FSUIPC, you can eliminate this interference from the trim wheel in the autopilot. There is a setting in FSUIPC which disconnects the elevator trim when the autopilot is engaged. it makes the trim wheel work flawlessly. My BAD!K

OK, so now I have learned a big lesson. If you have FSUIPC, you can eliminate this interference from the trim wheel in the autopilot. There is a setting in FSUIPC which disconnects the elevator trim when the autopilot is engaged. it makes the trim wheel work flawlessly. My BAD! K
Is this only with a registered FSUIPC, or will it also work with the free version?

Is this only with a registered FSUIPC, or will it also work with the free version?
Registered version only.