Sign in to follow this  
Bart De Bruyn

737NGX with MCP and other hardware

Hi everyone,I'm using the PMDG 737NGX (800/900) planes for about a week. I'm building a home cockpit and I would like to use this PMDG 737 as my plane that I will always use to fly. I have the Opencockpits MCP, and that worked like a charm on the default 737 and some other planes. But it doesn't seem to be so compatible with PMDG :( I searched around this forum and found some interesing new SIOC codes. I copy/pasted them and after applying the SP1 of PMDG it does something! My MCP is displaying the correct speed, heading, altitude,... but when I turn the knobs, sometimes they count down even when I'm turning to the right. And sometimes the 'Kneeboard' shows up, my mouse yoke gets activated when I don't want it to,.. really buggy things that makes the use of my MCP with PMDG really impossible..Can somebody help me out so I can use this MCP with this beautiful plane?Another thing, I already told you that I'm building a home cockpit, so I'm about to use lots of more hardware, will PMDG 737 be compatible with it, or should I run some other 737 payware for my FSX? Because I will need loads of time to assemble and build the cockpit, if then there are tons of problems with the PMDG, it might not be worth it. So somebody some help/hints/anwsers?Thanks very muchyand for everybody a very happy new year!Kind Regards,Bart

I just noticed some new code for the open cockpits MCP for the NGX on this forum. Is this what you have tried. I use GoFlights MCP Pro with Steven's LUA code and it works very well with the NGX. Ifly's 737 does have an SDK and I know that FlightDeck solutions is integrating their equipment (JetMex). https://www.facebook.com/pages/JetMax-by-FlightDeck-Solutions-Ltd/169734156443131I am excitied about JetMAX but wish it worked with both vendors as I fly both.

Hi Bart,I jumped into that boat also, building home cockpit and the NG will be my ship of choice. I am only on the TQ build yet, but so far thrust and reverse thrust on the TQ seem to be working flawlessly on the NG. There's also a general builders forum at mycockpits.org that contains a wealth of information on just these types of questions. Seems to me many of the guys there are using the 737NGX in thier home pits. If you are already a member there, please disregard my notice concerning the site.Regards,Ed Burton

Hi Bart,You will find it hard to get your current MCP working correctly with the NGX. The NGX is a very complex add on, the Oc MCP a complex piece of kit. Neither were designed with the other in mind.PMDGs current plans for NGX hardware compatibility revolve around creating a specific SDK (Service Developers Kit) which will allow hardware companies like Opencockpits to create programs/scripts to make their equipment fully compatible. At the moment the SDK is on a final hold, according to PMDG, prior to release.Now, for yourself long term and your future hardware, I'd be very suprised if all hardware manufacturers are not eagerly awaiting this SDK for this amazing aircraft, it's going to be in no one's commercial interest NOT to use this SDK to make new and existing hardware work with correctly the NGX.Bottom line: have a little patience, wait on the hardware manufacturers getting hold of the SDK. I think you will be surprised how quickly your cockpit equipment all starts to function with the NGX.(You may want to search the forums to see if anyone has successfully managed a script for the Opencockpits MCP, I have seen this issue raised before.)

Hi Bart.I have te Opencockpits MCP working on PMDG 737 NGX and I think you have read the post by roarkr where he tells how to do it work.Yes, you are right when you turn the rotary switches, like HDG, sometimes it goes down instead of up eventhough you are turning to the right. You must to turn the rotary switches slow and it works fine. It is not perfect but works.I have the same problem that you, when you turn some switches the kneeboard windows apears, or the flight control get deactivated,...it is because in the file 737NGX_Shortcuts.ini from roarkr post some keyboard keys are already used and become in conflict with other predefined keys of the Flight Simulator.For example i think roarkr asigned de keystroke CTRL+SHIFT+I to decrease the HDG, but the CTRL+SHIFT+I is used by Fspassengers too to display theDisplay Kneeboard dialog. You have to asignated another kesystroke in the fspassenger, in my case I just erased the assignation and I have no one to display the Kneeboard dialog. I think there is a problem to with CTRL+SHIFT+M too.There is another keystroke that become a problem, I would swear it is when you increase the speed, but can´t remember exactly. It deactivate the flights controls, this is because in the Control Assigments of the FSX is defined that CTRL+SHIFT+K activate/deactivate the flight control so you should to erase that assignation in the FSX Controls Assigment.If you have more problems you can check the control assignations on the FMC of 737 NGX and verify if it is pre-assignated to another control in the FSX.I hope when PMDG release the SDK the opencockpits group develope a SIOC script that works 100% perfectly.Hope this helps. Excuse my english.

Wow, thanks for all the quick and useful reply's! So if I get it good then we just have to wait untill the SDK get's released and Opencockpits releases it's SIOC code. I sure hope other hardware companies are getting their hardware ready for PMDG since I ordered the MIP with Simworld. Maybe there is some other payware that I can use in the meantime? Suggestions?Thanks all!Bart

Hmm, it all seems so complicated at this point... Maybe I should wait a while until the proper SIOC codes come out for the PMDG. Untill then I might have a look at the IFly 737 of Maybe Ariane, not sure if my hardware Will work on those..Is it nog possible to let Prosim737 connect to my PMDG 737 and configure my hardware via Prosim737? So that my SIOC is for Prosim instead of PMDG..?

Hmm, it all seems so complicated at this point... Maybe I should wait a while until the proper SIOC codes come out for the PMDG. Untill then I might have a look at the IFly 737 of Maybe Ariane, not sure if my hardware Will work on those..Is it nog possible to let Prosim737 connect to my PMDG 737 and configure my hardware via Prosim737? So that my SIOC is for Prosim instead of PMDG..?
Suggest you look either at Ifly, since they have just about every major peice of hardware working with their aircraft and their soon to be released Feature pack coupled with their homebuilders version will bring them to the forefront of home cockpits. Prosim is also good and they recently released a Flight model for their suite. Both are priced near the same. PMDG birds although great, really are never hardware friendly. More for the keyboard, mouse simmers.

Just testes with iFly and after some Searching I got my MCP working! (just a little issue with the altitude) But I was not sure; did prosim made their own 737 for FSX? If yes, would it be compatible with Opencockpits MCP and other hardware like an overhead panel (sioc of non-SIOC)?

Just testes with iFly and after some Searching I got my MCP working! (just a little issue with the altitude) But I was not sure; did prosim made their own 737 for FSX? If yes, would it be compatible with Opencockpits MCP and other hardware like an overhead panel (sioc of non-SIOC)?
Going to suggest you visit Prosim's forums for the advice and compatible hardware list. Oh and yes it has a 737 flight model now.