Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

default airport with rex winter runway vs ORBX winter runway

I am using REX 2 and 99% of time I am flying PNW (ORBX and ORBX airports) and with winter at hand I see an anomaly that I would like to fix as it really take something away from immersion factor.All the default airports have these awesome winter runways of REX see pictures below:The ORBX airports however do not display these winter runways and if you ask me it really look very silly. Is there a way that I can get FSX to also display the winter runways of REX2 at ORBX airports.?Default airport with REX 2.defaultwithrex.jpgORBX airport with REX 2ORBXwithrex.jpg

Most ORBX runways have their own textures designed by ORBX, whereas REX only enhances default FSX textures, so I'm afraid I think the answer is probably no (unless you want to edit the ORBX textures yourself).IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

ORBX uses high resolution gmax polygons for runways, so you can't do nothing.

I think the standard orbx airfields use mostly the 'runway 18' texture. (this can be modified if you have the orbx 'aero' utility which is included in some of the addon airports)The addon high detail payware airports from orbx all use a custom poly so you cant do anything with those.

Guest Alex Goff

Default Orbx airfields do not use ground polys. The runways use standard FSX like any other airport made with an APX file. Addon airfields use ground polys or photoreal textures that may or may not have snow depending on whether the runway would be snowy in real life or a variety of other reasons.

Edited by Alex Goff

Just think of them as runways that have been swept clean by dedicated ground staff.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png