Sign in to follow this  
ANAMIV

Graphics upgrade.

I have just installed Nvidia GTX580 upgrade from GTX 285.However entries in FSX CFG show ....fsx CFG 31/12/11 10Kb CFG file fsx CFG 20\12\11 10Kb TXT File FSXcfg 6/11/12 10Kb TXT FileDisplay Device Nvidia Ge Force GTX 285.The GTX 580 is listed in Device Manager and performance much improved.Why no change in the FSX CFG FILE?Win 7 32 bit.MOBO Gigabyte Tech EX-58 UD3RCPU 3.0 GhzINTEL i7-920..anamiv

AnamivWhat does it display in FSX in Settings - Display Graphics - Device, it should display 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580' or similar.If that type of info is displayed then it will be included in your fsx.cfg file.I guess that you checked all of the cfg file as you can have multiple entries of earlier cards and sometimes drivers?If it is installed and seen by Windows then FSX has to see it.RegardsPeterH

Guest firehawk44
I have just installed Nvidia GTX580 upgrade from GTX 285.However entries in FSX CFG show ....fsx CFG 31/12/11 10Kb CFG file fsx CFG 201211 10Kb TXT File FSXcfg 6/11/12 10Kb TXT FileDisplay Device Nvidia Ge Force GTX 285.The GTX 580 is listed in Device Manager and performance much improved.Why no change in the FSX CFG FILE?Win 7 32 bit.MOBO Gigabyte Tech EX-58 UD3RCPU 3.0 GhzINTEL i7-920..anamiv
The change won't show up in the fsx.cfg text files. Only in the fsx.cfg dated 31Dec2011. If it didn't update, delete the Display Device line in the fsx.cfg, restart FSX, and it should then "see" the GTX580. Like Peter said, the most important thing is that the FSX settings should show the 580GTX under the Graphics tab. You can delete the fsx.cfg txt files as they are not needed to run fsx.Best regards,Jim

Thanks guys. Oh yes, in Device Manager-Display Adaptor the GTX580 Shows up OKso I know FSX is using it. I have deleted the text files as suggested.Thanks again.anamiv