Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Suddenly having lots of G3D.dll errors, please help!

Hi,I have searched the forum, and I know it has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find a good solution anywhere. My problem is, that after SP1, I'm having a G3D.dll crash sometimes. Around 1 out of 5 flights have a crash somewhere. But before I'm removing lots of stuff, changing lots of settings, etc. I would first like to know if someone knows what's causing this. I don't like reducing my settings, but if you know which setting could be causing this (like AI traffic), then please tell me.I am flying on IVAO, with sometimes high density traffic. These are the things that look a little suspicious.- TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096- FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33- Ultitmate Terrain X Europe- My bad and old NVIDIA GTX 320 card. (really suspicious)- High traffic densities on IVAO, although it mostly happens during cruise.My last CTD was today, just when I stopped at the gate at EHAM, set the parking brake, FSX crashed.It seems to be happening a lot since I installed UTX Europe around 2 weeks ago, before that, I NEVER had any crashes whatsoever. So perhaps is there something I should change in my scenery library, to let UTX Europe override all other sceneries, or vice versa? If you have any suggestions, then that would be great. Help is really appreciated!Thanks.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but did this start to happen after you installed the beta nvidia driver? If so, I would highly recommend to revert to a proper release. The word 'beta' and driver is not compatible in my opinion. Drivers should always be proper, full release versions.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but did this start to happen after you installed the beta nvidia driver? If so, I would highly recommend to revert to a proper release. The word 'beta' and driver is not compatible in my opinion. Drivers should always be proper, full release versions.
Nope I'm using the newest 285.26 WHQL drivers. What are the recommend drivers for FSX?

Nope I'm using the newest 285.26 WHQL drivers. What are the recommend drivers for FSX?
I had lots of issues with 285.26. Go for the latest 290.53 beta drivers. FSX runs great and no more blackscreen issues for me. :)

Ok, one other suspicious thing is this. I have this set in my FSX.cfg[bUFFERPOOLS]RejectTreshold=131072UsePools=0I read somewhere that it's recommended to use UsePools=1. But for my older GTX320 card, UsePools=0 gives me much better fps than UsePools=1. What I notice, when using UsePools=0, that when I look around really fast, that my scenery is flashing for a few seconds (black flashes). When using UsePools=1 this doesn't happen. Perhaps this flashing (some sort of scenery loading), is causing the G3D.dll errors? Btw, in around 1 month I'm gonna upgrade to a GTX 580, then I'm gonna use UsePools=1 because that's recommended for newer cards. Could that solve my problem?I also read somewhere that those G3D.dll crashes could have something to do with the scenery library. Some scenery is overriding the other. I have set in my scenery library to let Aerosoft Amsterdam override UTX Europe, because otherwise the cars are driving over the taxiways of the airport. Perhaps I should let UTX Europe override all other sceneries? It's really difficult to find out where the problem is coming from. Because the CTD's are not too common. I said around 1 out of 5 flights but that's not correct. I think it's more like 1 out of 10. Not common but could be really annoying when it happens. I've seen a lot of things causing this, but I'm not sure which one is causing my problem.Texture_Max_Load=4096 is required for some sceneires but have also been causing these kind of problems other peopleFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION had also been causing instabilities for some people.Or perhaps my graphics card gets overloaded? I've the scenery settings except water and mesh resolution set to max. My system is on top of the notch except for my graphics card. my GPU does not really match my system, that's why I'm gonna upgrade shortly. I ran easily run pretty much anything in FSX with a minimum of 20 fps at high settings, but perhaps my GPU still gets overloaden because it doesn't really match my good system or something?

Get latest FSUIPC and your g3d.dll CTD's vanish like snow for the sun ;)

Get latest FSUIPC and your g3d.dll CTD's vanish like snow for the sun ;)
I do not have a registered version of FSUIPC yet, not the newest version also I think. But are you sure this works and does it also work with the unregistered version?

I do not have a registered version of FSUIPC yet, not the newest version also I think. But are you sure this works and does it also work with the unregistered version?
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/Download from here, no need to have registered version, but hey, it's always recommended and Pete fixed g3d.dll errors for laods of people and he put blood sweat and tears (well, perhaps not, but still :() into fixing this, so actually buying it would support Pete with that other bit of money!

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/Download from here, no need to have registered version, but hey, it's always recommended and Pete fixed g3d.dll errors for laods of people and he put blood sweat and tears (well, perhaps not, but still :() into fixing this, so actually buying it would support Pete with that other bit of money!
You right, Pete is one of the best guys for the Flight Sim community. And if I had the money, I would buy a registered version right away. But hey, I'm a 16 year old (17 next month) and there's a lot on my wishlist at this moment. EVGA GTX 580 DS Superclocked (which I'm gonna buy next month), a headset for online flying, a soundcart, a new soundsystem (speakers), a new 27 inch monitor, AS2012, FSDT sceneries (and I could go on like this until tomorrow, lol), and of course FSUIPC, a registered version. But thanks, I have it installed now! And I'm doing around 3 flights a day, and if I don't have a G3D.dll crash within the next 10-15 flights, then it's probably fixed.

You right, Pete is one of the best guys for the Flight Sim community. And if I had the money, I would buy a registered version right away. But hey, I'm a 16 year old (17 next month) and there's a lot on my wishlist at this moment. EVGA GTX 580 DS Superclocked (which I'm gonna buy next month), a headset for online flying, a soundcart, a new soundsystem (speakers), a new 27 inch monitor, AS2012, FSDT sceneries (and I could go on like this until tomorrow, lol), and of course FSUIPC, a registered version.But thanks, I have it installed now! And I'm doing around 3 flights a day, and if I don't have a G3D.dll crash within the next 10-15 flights, then it's probably fixed.
I know what situation you are in! I turned 18 in December, and before that everythign was hard to buy as well, although I do have a complete new PC of €1200 since September, and AS2012 since last week :PAnd now off to bed, almost 1 o'clock here, good night!