Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Payware General Aviation Recommendations

I'm looking for advice on a good high fidelity general aviation aircraft. Nearly all of my flight simulator time has been with commerical airliners or military aircraft. So while I can turn to the like's of PMDG, A2A, LDS and VRS for these, I'm at the bottom the pile when it comes to general aviation aircraft manufactures. I'm looking for something to add some enjoyment to exploring the Orbx PNW/PFJ airports and scenary where 737's, F/A-18E and even the JS4100 are a bit large. I'm looking for something that is heavier on systems modeling (which are certainly much simpler than the above), but hopefully is nice to look at. I'd like something that is a bit more complicated than the Piper Cub (which I know A2A makes a fantastic simulation of). Hopefully a bit faster, complex aircraft (i.e., retracting landing gear, perhaps a variable pitch propellar), probably single engine (might consider a very small twin), and probably low wing, but still remains small enough to get in to all the small paved airports around (probably not looking to visit much in the way of grass/dirt strips). I know Carenado is often discussed and seems to be quite popular. Are these the guys to go with? What other suggestions do you have? Thanks for any advice.

Eric Szczesniak

If you are willing to go for a rather unique light twin....say hello to the Carenado C337 Skymaster.Go read Ray's recent review here on AVSIM.Not only is it a terrific plane-you also get great views from the cockpit to enjoy the scenery.I cannot get enough of it :(**edit**High wing placement means great visibility. And the retractable gear animation is startling on this plane. Watch your speed when doing it!**edit**You really are spoiled for choices though. See what else folks recommend and read some reviews/watch some vids.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

+1 for the Skymaster. A high wing, in-line twin that allows good terrain visibility.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Take a look at: Diamond DA20 Katana (Aerosoft) Low & slow, nice visibility, systems to play with, good for Orbx sceneryQuest Kodiak (Lionheart) - great bush a/c, worth your inspection - I use it a lot in Orbx territoryOV-10 Bronco (Aerosoft) Note: don't get put off by the military look or the fact that it is a twin turbo. It's a great medium a/c with outstanding visibility, FDE and it is a good fit for Orbx scenery.Cessna T210M (Carenado)Beech Duke B60 twin turbine - outstanding a/c, loads of fun, able to get into all of the facilities you mention as your requirements and moreStart with these and listen to the other fellas. I'm sure you will get loads of suggestionsCheers,John

Ah,So many,many good onesFlight 1 MustangFlight 1 T182Tboth have great representations of the G1000

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest jahman

The very nicely done Real Air's Beech Turbine Duke: Will get you in and out of the smallest airports, yet you can cruise at FL240 and 300 KTAS.There's a package deal that gets you a discount if you also gert the piston version.Cheers,- jahman.

The very nicely done Real Air's Beech Turbine Duke: Will get you in and out of the smallest airports, yet you can cruise at FL240 and 300 KTAS.
^This

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Turbine duke, also kinda forgotten lately is the Eaglesoft twin commance.

Matt Wilson

Ummm, DA42 Twinstar. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Anything from RealAir is awesome.
This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They build great planes over at RealAir

I would add another +1 to both the Turbine Duke and the Lionheart Kodiak.The latter is just so easy to fly, it is one of my favourite low-and-slow planes as you really can just focus on the scenery for a change and let the plane get on with it.The Turbine Duke on the other hand is just about my all time favourite GA payware plane. It has a beautifully modelled VC, stunning exterior, exhilarating performance, the flight dynamics feel genuinely different from other planes and the systems modelling is immediately engaging and entertaining. A wonderful plane for beginners (which I am!) and experts alike.

Thanks all for the input. While there seem to be a lot of great aircraft out there, I like the Turbine Duke and the Skymaster. I think the Duke fits a bit more of what I'm looking for, but was curious if anyone could comment on the performance (not FPS, aircraft performance) of the Skymaster. What type of runway is needed for this. The Turbine Duke looks like it can get in and out of some very short fields and was wondering if the Skymaster was comparable here. If not, then that makes the decision a bit easier for me.

Eric Szczesniak