Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Are you looking forward to the 777?

So I know the NGX was a MASSIVE hit and looks great! Although I haven't personally phurchased it as I don't really fly Short Haul. Are people as excited as they were for the NGX for the 777? I'm interested to see how good things like the Check-list will be, the way the systems work and their timing. Also the exterior should be fantastic, the 777 has such a unique wing they have to nail it. The 77W/77L/77F is my favourite wing of all. I know the PFD and the ND on the NGX are literally the same so I don't expect a change there but wouldn't it be great if they could create some view points some how to bring us a Taxi Camera on the 300 series. That would be AMAZING!But more than my interest will be is who will do a better job.. Captain Sim or PMDG? I know the answer to that is pretty straight but none of us know that CS wont blow this project out the water. I'll personally buy both, mainly because the CS is likely to come out first and I'm dying for a Pro 777!Anyway enough rambelling..Your thoughts?

Captain Sim do a better job? Now thats funny. Maybe after we beta test it for them for 2 years and they release 5 or 6 patches. Excited for the T7? Nah not really, We have way to many Boeings already. Would kill for a PMDG MD80. I am looking forward to the Dash 8 though. A turbo prop with NGX quality would rule.

Matt Wilson

Bring on the Delta Atlanta-Johannesburg route. As far as I know, the CS 777 is just the exterior. PMDG will blow them out of the water.

Edited by Kenny

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hopefully at that time I will become Senior Captain at BAV so that I can do the BA168/BA169 LHR-PUD-LHRLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif. I fly with BA at least 5 times in a year on that!! The 777-200ER is very impressive!

Z. C

Be interesting to know after either the CS or pmdg models are released just how much sales volume they generate, the NGX is fabulous I agree but I wonder if the level of interest is so high because its a short/medium haul machine, vs the 777 which isnt. Seems to be less interest in the mighty 747 for example these days, same reason?Oh, and for the record, yep im looking forward to either companies 777 :)

Dean Stringer

Hell Yes...! Can't wait...! In addition to the Secret Project as well..!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Be interesting to know after either the CS or pmdg models are released just how much sales volume they generate, the NGX is fabulous I agree but I wonder if the level of interest is so high because its a short/medium haul machine, vs the 777 which isnt. Seems to be less interest in the mighty 747 for example these days, same reason?Oh, and for the record, yep im looking forward to either companies 777 :)
Everyone likes BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE!!!!!! (not talking about that A380 here) :(

Z. C

Everyone likes BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE!!!!!! (not talking about that A380 here) :(
Its not for nothing they call you Frank-the-Tank :(

Dean Stringer

Its not for nothing they call you Frank-the-Tank :(
At least I do like my ride MASSIVE!!!! :(

Z. C

If Vertical Reality Simulations can do the viewpoint in the VC with the TacPack addon (see this:

skip to about 1.10) then PMDG should be able to. :( Looking very forward for the 777! Edited by nzeddy

777 is going to be my favourite FS addon of all time, with out doubt.[Captain sim just won't nail it I am afraid.]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

777 is going to be my favourite FS addon of all time, with out doubt.
Going to have to agree there! Until then I'll fly the PMDG 747 and PSS/POSKY Merge on FS9!
If Vertical Reality Simulations can do the viewpoint in the VC with the TacPack addon (see this:

skip to about 1.10) then PMDG should be able to. :biggrin:Looking very forward for the 777!
That makes things look positive! We can only wait hehe! Thanks for the link looks awesome.
Hopefully at that time I will become Senior Captain at BAV so that I can do the BA168/BA169 LHR-PUD-LHRLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif. I fly with BA at least 5 times in a year on that!! The 777-200ER is very impressive!
Fantastic, I will to be flying her mostly under the Speedbird callsign! That's if it's released while I'm doing my ATPL next year.. EGLL-WSSS-YSSY Can't wait to do that!I'm flying to LAX on Thursday on Air New Zealand's 77W from LHR so that's not going to help the wait hehe! All we can be is patient. I personally have left looking at the CS Forums etc after buying their 767 in their sale. Alright model but Level-D will always be the best 767 so far! Would love to see one from PMDG but after the PMDG 777 is released I doubt I'll ever fly anything else on the sim :D

Fantastic, I will to be flying her mostly under the Speedbird callsign! That's if it's released while I'm doing my ATPL next year.. EGLL-WSSS-YSSY Can't wait to do that!I'm flying to LAX on Thursday on Air New Zealand's 77W from LHR so that's not going to help the wait hehe! All we can be is patient. I personally have left looking at the CS Forums etc after buying their 767 in their sale. Alright model but Level-D will always be the best 767 so far! Would love to see one from PMDG but after the PMDG 777 is released I doubt I'll ever fly anything else on the sim :D
Very lucky and best wishes for you! I am having my GCSE done this year and hopefully at the time I finish in June I won't have to have for too long for the PMDG777. :(

Z. C

Very lucky and best wishes for you! I am having my GCSE done this year and hopefully at the time I finish in June I won't have to have for too long for the PMDG777. :(
Thanks a lot! Currently doing my Private and hour building all through the year to get me ready. Yeah you wont have any time while exams are on but you think the PMDG 777 be out by May/June 12? I'm possibly thinking around the same time as the NGX but hay what do I know!