Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

FSX1 ?

In the Microsoft Simulator scheme of things, even if FLIGHT were to be Microsoft's FS-11, that would make it already over 3 years out of date.MSF2000.......2000MSF2002.......2002MSF FS9.......2004MSF FSX.......2006MSFFS11......2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.From the screenshots and the little info it actually looks like it is already out of date.(FSX with the NGX and great scenery looks 10 times better)MS made a huge mistake when their "suits" decided that it was time to get rid of this thing before we loose anymore money.Lockheed Martin were clever enough to see that this platform still has a huge future and they have already made great changes in 2011.The main difference is LM are in no hurry and have no deadlines to meet and there is no shortage of money to have a handfull of programmersworking away at this for the foreseeable future. ( nice to see that some of the top Aces guys are there)The real beauty of it all for me is that it is no longer a Game but a serious simulator platform where the possibilites are now endless.FSX ended up in very capable hands.Flight I think will be exactly what MS has said it will be..................Just read the stuff on their site.It could be a big hit because the average simmer knows nothing about flying an airplane.They just want to load it up and fly..........free as a bird. blum.gifFred.

Edited by RYR738

In the Microsoft Simulator scheme of things, even if FLIGHT were to be Microsoft's FS-11, that would make it already over 3 years out of date.MSF2000.......2000MSF2002.......2002MSF FS9.......2004MSF FSX.......2006MSFFS11......2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.From the screenshots and the little info it actually looks like it is already out of date.(FSX with the NGX and great scenery looks 10 times better)MS made a huge mistake when their "suits" decided that it was time to get rid of this thing before we loose anymore money.Lockheed Martin were clever enough to see that this platform still has a huge future and they have already made great changes in 2011.The main difference is LM are in no hurry and have no deadlines to meet and there is no shortage of money to have a handfull of programmersworking away at this for the foreseeable future. ( nice to see that some of the top Aces guys are there)The real beauty of it all for me is that it is no longer a Game but a serious simulator platform where the possibilites are now endless.FSX ended up in very capable hands.Flight I think will be exactly what MS has said it will be..................Just read the stuff on their site.It could be a big hit because the average simmer knows nothing about flying an airplane.They just want to load it up and fly..........free as a bird. blum.gifFred.
What?? :(

It could be a big hit because the average simmer knows nothing about flying an airplane.
You are right !!I am not a real pilot as you but I know we are quite far from having even a decent knowledge.Cheers mate Edited by Mark II

nice to see that some of the top Aces guys are there
Just how many Aces 'guys' went there?...could be wrong but I read there are two...so I guess it is 'guys' then ;)

Exactly how many Aces 'guys' are there? ;)
Yeah, I am really interested on speaking with the one who programmed the FSX ATC.No harm to him ,just some basic questions.

From the screenshots and the little info it actually looks like it is already out of date.(FSX with the NGX and great scenery looks 10 times better)
It's certainly a strange sense of deja vu when reading statements such as the one above... It seems only yesterday that we were reading similar tripe just prior to the release of FSX... and FS2004, before that, and FS2002 before that one and FS2000 before that one as well... Having used MSFS since Ver 1.0 and Sublogic Flight Simulator before that, one get's to expect this around this time in the gestation of each version...

Yeah my FSX with tileproxy still looks better than any picture so far from Flight <3

Guest jahman
MSF2000.......2000MSF2002.......2002MSF FS9.......2004MSF FSX.......2006MSFFS11......2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
MSFS95...........1996MSFS98...........1998MSFS2000.......2000MSFS2002.......2002MSFS9.............2004MSFSX.............2006MSFS11...........2008MSFS12...........2010MSFS13...........2012Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Guest HowardHughes
Yeah my FSX with tileproxy still looks better than any picture so far from Flight <3
And Flight with TileProxy (assuming it's developed) will look better than anything you have so far in FSX.It gauls me when idiots say that with high end payware scenery and aircraft FSX looks better. When Flight has high end payware scenery and aircraft, which do you think will look better then? :(

It gauls me when idiots say that with high end payware scenery and aircraft FSX looks better. When Flight has high end payware scenery and aircraft, which do you think will look better then? :(
LOL I know, I thought the exact same thing when I read his comment.

Uneducated troll.
Not so fast Brandon. He truly does have a point. No need to start pointing fingers immediatley when he posts.

Not so fast Brandon. He truly does have a point. No need to start pointing fingers immediatley when he posts.
Thanks Ben.I probably have had bigger idiots sitting in the right hand seat with me. People who respond like that usually have an inferiority complex.Fred. Edited by RYR738

From the screenshots and the little info it actually looks like it is already out of date.(FSX with the NGX and great scenery looks 10 times better)
Accually, if you look at the other "new" simulator options (XPX), Flight looks like it's come lightyears. :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.