Sign in to follow this  
Snuffleupagus

Adding an autopilot

Happy New Years everyone!I just bought myself the Carenado PA28 Cherokee 180F (missed the sale banghead.gif ) and I have been playing around with it. Its a fun plane to fly! Never flown one in RW so not sure how accurate it is. I am planning on doing some long XC's with it, but would like to have an autopilot installed into it. Is it possible to do that? I looked for a payware AP but couldn't find anything and that Reality XP GNS 430 is way out of the price range. If you guys could help me out and point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated!Thanks! :)Kyle

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Happy New Years everyone!I just bought myself the Carenado PA28 Cherokee 180F (missed the sale banghead.gif ) and I have been playing around with it. Its a fun plane to fly! Never flown one in RW so not sure how accurate it is. I am planning on doing some long XC's with it, but would like to have an autopilot installed into it. Is it possible to do that? I looked for a payware AP but couldn't find anything and that Reality XP GNS 430 is way out of the price range. If you guys could help me out and point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated!Thanks! :)Kyle
Hello Kyle!With my trusty copy of FS Panel Studio I place additional VOR, NDB, etc, gauges on my panels, together with a drop-down full Bendix-King Radio Stack and modified aircraft .cfg file.This modifies any of my aircraft to full Autopilot control, even thought they weren't designed that way!Even my Microlights and Flexwings have full AP Control!... :( ...!With all that lot, together with my FS 2004 + FS Navigator, I can tour the whole World...without getting lost!... :( ...!Paul.... :( ...!http://www.fspanelstudio.com/ worth every Penny for control panel tinklers! Edited by Fozzer

On some on some my vintage aircraft (CAL CLASSICS excellent Convair's for example) I commit the terrible sin of pinching the default Cessna's Bendix just to make it a little easier than using the old style Convair autopilot that comes with the aircraft.So it can be done quite easily.AndyPS that panel studio sounds a REALLY useful program ,just wish i could buy it locally from GAME ,but they never have ANYTHING FS related these days.

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Kyle,I found the Cherokee FDE very well done - which is the reason for my frustration with Carenado on some of their newer FS9 products... If you are looking for a cheaper alternative for gauges - I've found "Friendly Panels" makes some nice gauges... They might not be on the level of RXP - but - they are way better than default.... Here is a link but you can search through all their products to find what you need...http://www.friendlypanels.com/htm/gauges1.htmRegards,Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks everyone! I think Ill go ahead and get FSPS. My next question is, what do I need to edit in the aircraft.cfg?

RW Freight Pilot

For some reason I cant edit my last post but I got it working! Thanks for the help guys, its highly appreciated! :)

RW Freight Pilot

FS Panel Studio is excellent if you REALLY want to play around a lot.On the other hand you may want to check out Flight 1's Century Triden Gauge Pack (under 'avionics' on their website.)For under $US20 you get an installer, Panel Editor, excellent, sophisicated autopilot, HSI, ADI with Flight Director, Altitude Pre-Selector and all in a style which suits the Cessna in question, IMHO.

Edited by Appliance