Sign in to follow this  
pampiermole

Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?

Well, I have only just purchased the Queen. As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes

Welcome to the 'big boys' club :wink:

I too started out flying only default planes including the 744 and freeware Posky 777's with VC. Once you go to the super sims and start to get the hang of them you'll never turn back.

Also, once you get to know your way around the Queen I highly recommend looking into their 777. It's probably one of the most detailed and incredible aircraft ever released for FSX. But you probably already have enough aircraft to keep you quite busy for now!

Thanks for the kind words guys.  I didn't mention in my earlier post that I've been fortunate enough over time to get plenty of hours in a few real simulators ... both static and full-motion.  I've done plenty of chart reading, overhead switch flicking, and CDU programming in my time already.  Not to mention the countless challenging low-visibility, cross-wind, VNAV approaches that I've performed (and most of those were hand-flown). So the "step up" to the complex add-ons, as it were, isn't really all that challenging for me.  But I digress.  Yes, I might have a look at the 777 a bit later on.  But, for now, three new planes is enough.  My aim was to initially "replace" the FSX default A321, 737, and 747 planes with three of the "same". With the aircraft I purchased, I think that goal has been achieved.  But, yes, maybe I'll add the 777 to the fleet later.  For now, it's still early days for me with the Queen (and the other two planes).

Regards,

Freddy