Sign in to follow this  
Spook

FSX GA Twin - accusim?

Hi folks,Looking for a GA twin,that has engine wear ect like the accusim aircraft have.Does anyone know of anything that comes close?Thanks.

Well,Probably not full blown Accu-sim but The RealAir Turbine Duke does have engine failures,The only thing in GA that comes close to A2A is The DA Katana 4X,Very interactive.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Got those :)Oh well, looks like ill have to fire up the B-17 :)

Guest jahman
Oh well, looks like ill have to fire up the B-17 :)
Yes! She's a great bird to fly! You can always try PMDY --> KLAX (3,017 nm, 23 hrs @ 150 mph with no wind) and see if you can avoid "getting wet". :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahaman. Edited by jahman

23 hours! LOL!Longest so far in this bird is Uk > Germany > Uk..around 3 hours ( i think)Is that a real world flight from way back when in the B17?

Guest jahman
23 hours! LOL!
My flight was actually RODN --> PMDY --> KLAX for a total of 5,926 NM and 45.5 hrs. Separates the men from the boys! I arrived at KLAX with 9 USG per engine, a calculator with worn batteries and a dog-eared Pilot's Operating Handbook! :(
Longest so far in this bird is Uk > Germany > Uk..around 3 hours ( i think)Is that a real world flight from way back when in the B17?
No: The return was likely via Wake Island and Honolulu: RODN (or Guam) --> PWAK --> PHNL --> KLAX (or rather an AAF Base).Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

I think the Aerosoft BroncoX will be a close runner to Accu-Sim.It is a nice high wing twin with lots of real world quirks designed in and more to come with the January/February update. They had full access to some OV-10B in Germany or Belgium and the flying club that owns them working with them all along. They pushed it out the door for Christmas and discounted it for about a week with a promise of a full update very soon with civilan liveries, more graphs and charts in the manual and a paintkit. Aerosoft took the PMDG route and designed outside of FSX for sounds, lights, and maybe more. It is real easy to catch an engine on fire if not managed properly. This one has a nifty on-screen checklist system that is an expanded and automated version of the Catalina.Outstanding visibility from the cockpit as that is what it was designed for, along with a few rockets and bombs to keep the bad guys running for cover. Aerosoft has not ruled out adding the static hard points and the weapons. Woah.It sounds like they will most likely use this level of detail and have a version 2 release of the Beaver and Twotter later this year. This is what Mathijs Kok stated over on their forum.

Edited by raymar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks for the feedback Ray.Im a very active member over at aerosoft forums, but i missed that about the twotter and beaver...thats got me excited :( ( Twotter for me)The bronco is a work of art indeed, but it doesnt do the wear and tear like accu-sim does ( im right there arnt i?) I.E flap motor wear, gear / tire wear, brake wear, engine wear ect.Thats what im after - but a GA twin.

My flight was actually RODN --> PMDY --> KLAX for a total of 5,926 NM and 45.5 hrs. Separates the men from the boys! I arrived at KLAX with 9 USG per engine, a calculator with worn batteries and a dog-eared Pilot's Operating Handbook! :(
:rofl:45.5 hours...a true trooper lol.

Sounds like only Accu-Sim goes to that level. Maybe you can take the B377 and fly around on two engines.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .