Sign in to follow this  
KriVa

Performing BITE tests

I know it should be possible to do the various BITE tests through the CDU, if I'm not mistaken I did some of them a while ago.However, I can't seem to find how to do them anymore? When I try to do them now, by going to the MAINT page in the CDU, I end up on the OPTIONS page in the PMDG SETUP section.Am I forgetting something here?

I never seen any bite tests in the NGX CDU and tried the maint slk at least one time.Are you sure there was such kind of tasks in it? It would be wonderful!

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I'm starting to doubt myself by now, but I'm pretty sure they were there.

You can do a bite test on the electrical panel by switching both AC and DC knobs to test and holding the maint button.

It is not what Thomas was asking, or, in te NGX you can do bite (Built In self TEst) of TCAS, EGPWS, IRS and more.He was speaking about the MAINT section on the CDU that in the real plane let technical personnel to test most of the important things with tests that go deep into the systems. It also shows history logs of failures and faults.It is forbidden for pilots to use that pages.

FMC BITE tests are not modeled - the electrical panel one is. (because RSR is a nerd and programmed it)
As there are hundreds of tests, subtests, in the FMC, it is a bit too much work also for you :) CWould be nice to see few of them, but it is obviously out of the flight simulation.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

There are some in the other NG, although I have not tried if there is actually any other function than show.