Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

Working Hobbs Meter?

Hello,I've purchase a few Carenado aircraft and notice the Hobbs meter not working,I'm pretty sure they work in FSX.Does X-Plane not include a way to hr count engine time?Thank You

Edited by Phantom88

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The Hobbs meter works. If it doesn't work in the Carenado aircraft, something wasn't done properly.

Keep in mind that Carenado is planning to update their aircraft to XP10 soon, though it's unclear whether or not this will be a free update. They say it depends on how much work they have to do.

I see the Hobbs isn;t working in the Bonanza F33in XP 10. It is working in XP9 so we'll have to wat for the update. Also if you run the F33 in Planemaker 10, the gear wheel doors won't close after retacting the gear. If you need to make a change such as a livery change, do it in PlaneMaker 9, then port it over.

I never noticed that-I'll have to go look. Free flying!!!!

The prop circle when viewed from inside the cockpit in 3D mode is bugged on the Carenado C172 as well.

I never noticed anything wrong with my C172N, I only fly in 3Dcockpit, I'm flying the Bonanza right now, I'll switch over and see if mine is OK.I jjust switched over, do you mean that you don't see the prop at all? If that is the case which it is in mine, that is really the more realistic look. The one thing that surprised me the most when I first started to learn how to fly, was how seldom you see the prop once the engine is running. Even at 700 rpm idle in an of the 172 or 152 or Archers that I have flown in RL I very seldom would see a prop. That is why I never allow a passenger to get out of a plane until that engine is dead and the prop has quit turning.I know everyone cries they want to see, the prop. Just pull back on the mixture untill the engine starts to stall, you will see that the prop is indeed there. You will see it untill the engine turns back to full idle rpm that is about 750rpm. Pull mixture back until the engine is idling at under 700 rpm and you will see that the prop is there.

Edited by wb5okj

In a real C172 you should still see a faint darker tint in color because of the prop. In the Carenado 172 in X10, I see a small distorted rotating circle (made up of moving black dots) showing through the dashboard. It's small, as if the prop has been shrunken 500% and it is being rendered after the instrument panel is being rendered, but moving around the view with TrackIr reveals that it is connected to the propeller hub. It's definitely a glitch, at least on my system. Will try to grab a screenshot when able.

Oh yes, I see what you are saying, about the prop, actually I have seen this, but for some reason I haven't got it now. At the time I thought that those small black dots might be a reflection from something. I don't know why I don't seem to have them now, of course the next time i fire up the 172 they may very well be there. Hopefully if Laminar ever gets this thing stable, Carenado and the other developers will make things right. I think we ae fortunate that we don't have worse things. LOL. I changed liveries for the Bonanza in Planemaker 10, after that the gear doors wouldn't close after retraction. I seldom get out of the cockpit, so was an accident I found out about that.