Sign in to follow this  
Sawyer

How?

How does a company make a version 2 of an ageing product and release something that not only looks terrible against version 1 but doesn't hold well against some ai aircraft?It's not that I just wish to bash the makers for this, I'm just so shocked by it and in away sad that it's ended up like this. I've had V1 since FS9 and still use the FSX version, so to see V2 looking so bad on the outside and what seems to be a cartoon vc on the inside is such a disappointment. I know PMDG sets the standard high and I am truly grateful that they do. Only wished iFly made the classics then I could of had the package to.Anyone thinking of parting money for V2 before using V1, don't bother.Version 22V2.jpgVersion 12V1.jpgVersion 21V2.jpgVersion 11V1.jpg

Yep, its a tragedy all right.BTW - you should edit the title of this post, the exisiting one isnt gonna attract a lot of eyeballs as it is

Dean Stringer

Besides the cleverly cryptic title - it might be good if the OP had posted what company he's criticizing. Not all of us follow PMDG or iFly to the degree that we could figure out from his post - which company made these models..

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Besides the cleverly cryptic title - it might be good if the OP had posted what company he's criticizing. Not all of us follow PMDG or iFly to the degree that we could figure out from his post - which company made these models..
I didn't mention the company name because I didn't want the post to come across as just bashing but rather just my sadness at how this has turned out. The company is Wilco as now I would hate for anyone to think PMDG or iFly were involved. I never really had any good feeling that version 2 would be great not after the rather awful Wilco Airbus V2s but this really is much worse than I could of ever thought possible.I also think it's very unlikely that the people involved in this v2 package could have any pride in this work, unless they have never seen version 1 or indeed FSX for that matter. Just wish company's like PMDG can make some good money from there efforts and maybe one day company's like Wilco can stop with this silly "put any crap out" attitude. Edited by Sawyer

Guest jahman

Perhaps the new version renders differently at your ENB (HDR) settings. Try comparing without ENB.Cheers,- jahman.