Sign in to follow this  
factory15

need help..my girlfriend thinks i'm a nut case..

sorry guys not NGX related per se but if anyone would know this it's you guys...Just watched the episode of The Office where Michael Scott leaves......at one point there is a shot of him taking off from the airport....my first reaction was the plane had a weird low angle take off...do you agree?look at 2:40 in the video

maybe they hired the plane to take off low like that to keep it in the frame longer (ie..it wasnt just a real random commercial plane taking off) but something is off right??? We just watched the episode and I was like whoa somethings off with that takeoff. She looked at me like I was nuts.again sorry but she thinks I need help so i need some verification that I'm not crazy :( Edited by factory15

If i was snuggled up with my misses, that wuouldn't of even entered my head :(

I also think that it was a low angle. Is it just me, or does the landing gear seem closer to the fuselage than it does on a real 737?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I also think that it was a low angle. Is it just me, or does the landing gear seem closer to the fuselage than it does on a real 737?
its called camera angle and distance from the aircraft that makes the landing gear closer to the aircraft unless there a model with short landing gears being fitted :(

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nah its a CGI model of a 737 that they rendered on a computer. Usually a film company doesn't want to pay an airline exhorbiant amounts of money for the rights to use their coporate colors in the livery, its far cheaper to create a CGI model on the computer of a fictional airline and drop that in the frame.An obvious give away is the landing gear, it remains compressed when the plane takes off... perhaps the 3D artist didn't feel like going to the trouble of modeling realistic gear compression and animating it... time constraints perhaps.Heck, they should've just called us and we'll gladly supply them an NGX :-P

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Nah its a CGI model of a 737 that they rendered on a computer. Usually a film company doesn't want to pay an airline exhorbiant amounts of money for the rights to use their coporate colors in the livery, its far cheaper to create a CGI model on the computer of a fictional airline and drop that in the frame.An obvious give away is the landing gear, it remains compressed when the plane takes off... perhaps the 3D artist didn't feel like going to the trouble of modeling realistic gear compression and animating it... time constraints perhaps.Heck, they should've just called us and we'll gladly supply them an NGX :-P
+1Also I have never seen an aircraft lifting off before rotation blum.gif

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Looks like CGI too me too. Not a real airplane. No reason to pay for a real airplane to shoot.

Looks like CGI too me too. Not a real airplane. No reason to pay for a real airplane to shoot.
seriously doubt it was CGI...saw it originally in 1080i and it looked very real.You could park a camera in any airport and see a 1000 planes take off for "free" to get a shot like that. Why pay ILM to generate it? Edited by factory15

Thats Ultimate Traffic II AI plane...hahah..It looks like it rotated and lifted off simulataneously...

Edited by Pankaj D