Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Track IR 5 Folks....

Tom please don't ban me! blum.gifAnyway, how does the Track IR 5 behave in FSX? I'm considering to purchase it. Also, how does it behave in the NGX? Is it smooth? I heard of some people complaining about it. Also, do you recommend the Pro Clip? (I bought the TR5 from Amazon once, but I got the version that doesn't come with the Pro Clip, so I returned it. Awesomely, Amazon took it and payed the shipping. :) Did I make a dumb move?)

None come with the pro clip that I know of, it's seperate. Although maybe they occasionally sell bundles. There is no issus with TIR and the NGX, zero, you were misinformed. As fpr a dumb move; not dumb, but maybe dim? :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

TrackIR works perfect regardless of addon.Have used the Pro Clip in the past, but sold it again since I didn't see any added value (accuracy) compared to the regular clip. Besides that, it adds another wire to your head, which I don't like.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

TIR is great! You won't regret it! Regarding the trackclip pro: it does not increase accuracy. Except (!) for certain situations. These are specifically when you have a IR emitting source behind you (i.e. a window, light, etc..). That's when the normal trackclip get's you into trouble as the trackir can't make difference between the clip and the background IR source.Regarding the extra wire: if you've got a headset on all the time when you're flying anyway, you could "bond" it to the headset wire anyway, so you'd still have "1" wire coming from your head.

Edited by Lukas_Mathijsen

I personally didn't like it at all!much happier on my yoke hat switch

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I got my TIR4 as a bundle with the clip and the hat dufery dandy. I use TIR5 software and wasn`t impressed enough to use the TIR4 all the time, but did use it occasionally. Once I read about EZDok in here I got it and now the TIR4/EZDok combo is always used, if I don`t use them I don`t fly, simple as. Its a complete turnaround for me which came about with the inclusion of EZDok. The NGX, at least for me, and other planes are no problem at all with FPS, or at least no discernible difference. EZDok using various camera views gets me to the immediate area I want then locks the TIR4 into that area, meaning I`m not fighting to keep it there. Plus I get heaps more camera views than normal and they are much much more useful. Example outer door when the jetway moves to it, cockpit view from outside, close up of instruments without craning my neck or searching for the instrument I want, overhead views and locked in to the overhead view temporarily. I don`t normally use headphones though I just got some with my Android phone, so I went looking for my clip. Then remembered it had a wire connected to it and I totally went off the idea, keep that for a rainy day. I wear many different peak caps out in the real world while walking and carrying on a normal life, also used to wear one at work. So I sewed the dufery dandy to the hat itself and also used a combination of super glue to stick it down and dope the cotton for added strength. Its a Reebok hat with good ventilation cutouts and a type of netting so its very comfortable to wear even on long periods. I often forget to switch to my more normal Nike hat and go out with this one on. Until that is I get stranger looks than normal and realise its the hat with the dufery dandy on (T shaped sensor pad).Steve

With the newest TrackIR software, I have found I don't necessarily need the Track Clip Pro anymore. The camera filtering slider on the newest version of software works much, much better, so the window behind me is less of an issue and I don't have to wear my headset and wire anymore.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hmmm I see. But guys, don't you find it annoying that you're going to have to put on a hat for every flight? I mean, I see a lot of people on YouTube showing themselves using the pro clip and it doesn't look all that bad... But again, how will I wear my regular clip with my headset?

I got the TIR5 and Pro Clip bundle for Christmas and I really like it - still getting used to it, but once you get the software set up (thanks to some users here for the help with that!) it's really cool.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I got the TIR5 and Pro Clip bundle for Christmas and I really like it - still getting used to it, but once you get the software set up (thanks to some users here for the help with that!) it's really cool.
Which do you think performs better?

Hmmm I see. But guys, don't you find it annoying that you're going to have to put on a hat for every flight? I mean, I see a lot of people on YouTube showing themselves using the pro clip and it doesn't look all that bad... But again, how will I wear my regular clip with my headset?
Many people wear peaked caps so it isn`t so much of a problem. One of the first things I do when I go out is reach for my sports cap. So its just as natural indoors when flight simming and mine is well vented anyway. For those who wear headphones its just a further addition to add the Pro Clip. If you enjoy flight simulation its surprising the lengths you`ll go to to make it more enjoyable. Wearing a hat or an headset is no great problem unless you let it be, in your mind. With time it becomes natural to don one or the other. For the ease of looking around and zooming in/out its well worth the little effort it takes.Steve

Diego,I think like most on here who use it, you'll love it once you get used to it...I'm using the profile that Nick from AoA kindly posted (link below) on here a while ago along with his ENB settings from the original intro vids he did....It's perfect with the NGX/JS41 and other super high detail VCs, really adds to the immersion and makes practicing circuits a lot easier..http://forum.avsim.n...ile-for-the-ngx

Many people wear peaked caps so it isn`t so much of a problem. One of the first things I do when I go out is reach for my sports cap. So its just as natural indoors when flight simming and mine is well vented anyway. For those who wear headphones its just a further addition to add the Pro Clip. If you enjoy flight simulation its surprising the lengths you`ll go to to make it more enjoyable. Wearing a hat or an headset is no great problem unless you let it be, in your mind. With time it becomes natural to don one or the other. For the ease of looking around and zooming in/out its well worth the little effort it takes.Steve
I think I'll go with the Pro Clip then.

The pro clip was my choice. I don't wear hats very often and find it annoying when both wearing a hat and headphones, which I often have on.Here's a video I made to answer a couple questions a while back. I also mention how cheap the pro clip is. It can take a long time to clip, but for me anyway, it's my only option.

Edit: The TrackIR talk is around the 3 minute mark. Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier