Sign in to follow this  
antney79

Wont speed up past 190 knots

After takeoff regardless if I have a flight plan set up in the FMC or not the aircraft will not accellerate past 180-190 knots. I have tried with the autopilot on and off and neither will work. I made sure all flaps were up, speedbrake down and gear was up. Any thoughts on this?

Edited by antney79

Anthony Neumann

Please sign your real name to your posts, it's a PMDG forum rule.Are you using any kind of hardware to raise and lower the gear? If so, try with just the G key - there's an issue with the commands certain hardware send and the gear remain down to the flight model even though they look up on the model.Also check your weather and make sure there's not some super high unrealistic temperature happening.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

A/P being on or off doesn't matter much if the Autothrottle is on and currently managing thrust. Don't use any automation at all and fly the plane yourself. Don't even think about touching the FMC. In this case, are you still not able to break 190 knots?To be quite honest, I'm betting it's a configuration issue, either user or hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

I have tried not using the FMC and using just raw data.It might be that I am using the CH Throttle Quadrant and using one of my levers as a gear handle. I will try to disable this tonight and see if that works by just using the G button on the keyboard. Thanks for the responses.

Anthony Neumann

I would strongly recommend doing the Tutorial. Just jumping in and flying this bird like it was a C172 is not realistic. There could be many things wrong with your config. First of all, if you haven't messed with Fuel and Payload you're probably super-heavy (I think by default Gross Weight is something like 45000lb). What's your pitch? If you're at 15 degrees at 45K lbs, you ain't going nowhere. What's the N1 reading? Have you verified that the gear is really up?Eventually you may figure out what's going on...but by then you'll be flying using SOPs via the FMC, auto throttle, VNAV and LNAV, so the solution will be moot.

yeah this still occurs while flying the tutorial. I have a feeling it has to be with my CH Throttle Quad, looking back now that is really the only thing I have changed since this problem occured now that I now that could be a problem.But to answer your question about pitch, I am probably around -5 degrees and still not accellerating level at 5,000, power is full, dont recall the exact N1 value with no autothrottle engaged. I just tried flying it with no automation to make sure it wasnt something from what I was inputting to restrict it. Like I said I will eliminate my lever to act as a landing gear lever and see if that fixes the problem.

Anthony Neumann

Strange. I can break 190 kts in full landing config no probs.Try it with the clear weather theme, disconnect your hardware throttles, and see if it does it again. Check you are indeed getting full power (TO THRUST and 98% or more N1).Best regards,Robin.

yeah this still occurs while flying the tutorial. I have a feeling it has to be with my CH Throttle Quad, looking back now that is really the only thing I have changed since this problem occured now that I now that could be a problem.But to answer your question about pitch, I am probably around -5 degrees and still not accellerating level at 5,000, power is full, dont recall the exact N1 value with no autothrottle engaged. I just tried flying it with no automation to make sure it wasnt something from what I was inputting to restrict it. Like I said I will eliminate my lever to act as a landing gear lever and see if that fixes the problem.
I think, then, your theory is correct. Might need to recalibrate. I had some issues with my CH Yoke calibration--conflicting calibrations through FSX and through CH's software, although it had nothing to do with the throttle. I also remember reading something about using FSUIPC to control calibration in PMDG's documentation (if that applies to you). Hope that works for you.

the result was that I had an axis lever on my ch throttle that controlled the spoilers. For some reason when it showed it was down it actually wasn't, which resulted in my speed never going past 190 knots. Appreciate everyones help on this.

Anthony Neumann

the result was that I had an axis lever on my ch throttle that controlled the spoilers. For some reason when it showed it was down it actually wasn't, which resulted in my speed never going past 190 knots. Appreciate everyones help on this.
Glad to see you fixed the problem. Have fun.