Anyone know if the throttles that come with the Pro Yoke System are repairable in any way?Suddenly, there's now massive and CONSTANT spiking on the left throttle lever. Tried recallibrating with both Windows and Saitek software, but the issue persists.it's so bad that it makes aircraft unflyable.

Guest jahman

Try the FSUIPC4 "Control Spike Elimination" in the "Miscelaneous" tab.Cheers,- jahman.

Edited by jahman

Anyone know if the throttles that come with the Pro Yoke System are repairable in any way?Suddenly, there's now massive and CONSTANT spiking on the left throttle lever. Tried recallibrating with both Windows and Saitek software, but the issue persists.it's so bad that it makes aircraft unflyable.
HelloGet some isopropanol spay (contact cleaner).It is dust in those tiny trim pots saitek use that causes this, spray plenty of the cleaner into the axis slot whilst moving the lever back and forth.Mine started acting up and this cleared it, those pots are tiny and any dust on the track makes then jump all over.

Thanks guys.I always do have spike elimination set, but this is much more than FSUIPC can handle.I will get some contact cleaner and try that.

Saitek aren't daft that is for sure, they could install Hall Sensors (magnetic field variation) in all their joystick devices now as they are actually cheaper to produce than pots, the thing is though they also last a hell of a lot longer than pots do, so unless Saitek suddenly grow a conscience you wont be seeing Hall sensors in anything but their top of the line goods.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest jahman
Saitek aren't daft that is for sure, they could install Hall Sensors (magnetic field variation) in all their joystick devices now as they are actually cheaper to produce than pots, the thing is though they also last a hell of a lot longer than pots do, so unless Saitek suddenly grow a conscience you wont be seeing Hall sensors in anything but their top of the line goods.
At some point some hardware manufacturer ought to make a hall-sensor based filed-replaceable pot?Cheers,- jahman.

Sadly, there's very little in the way of compitition in the saitek price range.I VERY MUCH dislike them as a company. They're certainlay not 'consumer friendly'. Soon as the PMDG SDK becomes available AND the relevant drivers/software is released, then I'll 'junk' my saitek stuff and .... "never darken their doorstep again" :dance:

Guest jahman
Sadly, there's very little in the way of compitition in the saitek price range.I VERY MUCH dislike them as a company. They're certainlay not 'consumer friendly'. Soon as the PMDG SDK becomes available AND the relevant drivers/software is released, then I'll 'junk' my saitek stuff and .... "never darken their doorstep again" :dance:
Long life to CH Products!Cheers,- jahman.

Long life to CH Products!Cheers,- jahman.
Sadly, I found those to be even worse - quality wise. Also, those tiny throttles on the top.....?Guess one has to spend big $£ to get something of quality.

Hi Phil. I repaired my Saitek throttle spiking last week. It was quite simple! I wish I had made a video to share with you. Basically I opened up the throttle quadrant, pulled each axis out, cleaned the hot glue from around the pots, removed the pots and cleaned the rubber inside carefully with a Q-tip and alcohol, and then re-glued the pots back into place with a hot glue gun (looks exactly like it did before).If you really need me to, I can open the throttle up again and post you pictures and a sort of "guide".Since the cleaning, the throttles have worked flawlessly like new (I've had them for 3 1/2 years). Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi Phil. I repaired my Saitek throttle spiking last week. It was quite simple! I wish I had made a video to share with you. Basically I opened up the throttle quadrant, pulled each axis out, cleaned the hot glue from around the pots, removed the pots and cleaned the rubber inside carefully with a Q-tip and alcohol, and then re-glued the pots back into place with a hot glue gun (looks exactly like it did before).If you really need me to, I can open the throttle up again and post you pictures and a sort of "guide".Since the cleaning, the throttles have worked flawlessly like new (I've had them for 3 1/2 years).
I tried doing this and ruined my quadrant. LOLI've had a CH Throttle for 4 months now. Works flawlessly.

Hi Phil. I repaired my Saitek throttle spiking last week. It was quite simple! I wish I had made a video to share with you. Basically I opened up the throttle quadrant, pulled each axis out, cleaned the hot glue from around the pots, removed the pots and cleaned the rubber inside carefully with a Q-tip and alcohol, and then re-glued the pots back into place with a hot glue gun (looks exactly like it did before).If you really need me to, I can open the throttle up again and post you pictures and a sort of "guide".Since the cleaning, the throttles have worked flawlessly like new (I've had them for 3 1/2 years).
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do so...(please)i've torn mine to shreds and cant get the thing to seperate!

Thanks Zach, will have a go at that.Also, I've split my yoke apart as after only about 16 months use, the free play around the aileron detent is quite bad. What a crazily engineered setup that is compared to the simple CH design. At least the saitek yoke come apart without springs disapearing in all directions though :LMAO:Looks like the free play is cumulative amoung all those parts though, so no way to fix :sad:

Edited by Dougal

Guest jahman
Sadly, I found those to be even worse - quality wise. Also, those tiny throttles on the top.....?
Quality is excellent (8 years now and going strong.)The 3 tiny throttles on top are great if you don't own a throttle quadrant, and even if you do (some examples: Tiller, pitch trim, spoilers, flaps, turbo, etc.)Cheers,- jahman.

This guy isn't good at all and by no means displays talent when working with hardware, but these are the best I can do for now. I'm too busy fixing a fried USB header on my motherboard to get around to making a proper video or slideshow for throttle disassembly. Not to mention class starts Monday. :Sigh:

Just go through the videos. He hits the "dos" and "don'ts" Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules