Sign in to follow this  
Jim25

PMDG 737NGX virtual cockpit/displays distortion

Please help me about virtual cockpit textures and displays distortion, it happens suddenly and randomly, but regularly during any phase of flight.Sometimes it happens with overhead panel, pedestal, HUD ...My Video Card is Nvidia GTX 460 , My VGA settings are high endI tried reinstalling windows/aircraft but to no solution.pmdg.JPGdistortion.JPGpmdg%20737.JPG

I have the same graphic card than you and this also happened to me once, but loading a new flight solved the problem for me.It never happened again to me.By the way, please sign your full real name to your post as stated in the forum rules. If you want it easy you can simply put it in your signature just as I and most others on this forum do.

Edited by Emi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

the GPU is Intel i7 core and the driver is the most recent!

Edited by Jim25

the GPU is Intel i7 core and the driver is the most recent!
Jim, he said GPU (=Graphic card) or Graphic driver./ LeffeEDIT: Btw, do you have a good program (utility) so you can take control and keep an eyeof the temp for the GPU? Get one if not. Freeware on the net. Edited by Leffe

Jim, he said GPU (=Graphic card) or Graphic driver./ LeffeEDIT: Btw, do you have a good program (utility) so you can take control and keep an eyeof the temp for the GPU? Get one if not. Freeware on the net.
Yes, my graphics card has the latest drive.Do you mean that an overheated card is the cause of the problem?

Yes, my graphics card has the latest drive.Do you mean that an overheated card is the cause of the problem?
Could be, but ain´t saying it is. But I have and I think most of us have such a program,to control and set fanspeed for the GPU.Mine is "EVGA Precision" since I have an EVGA card. There are lot´s of other freeware too.Here´s a sreenie of how I have set up mine:/ Leffe Edited by Leffe

Could be, but ain´t saying it is. But I have and I think most of us have such a program,to control and set fanspeed for the GPU.Mine is "EVGA Precision" since I have an EVGA card. There are lot´s of other freeware too.Here´s a sreenie of how I have set up mine:/ Leffe
Thank you very much :)i downloaded this program i think it makes a big difference, i discovered that my graphics card fan speed and settings were very low.

Absolutely no idea for sure what could cause that - looks like a GPU or driver issue.
Forced it a lot of times in the MD-11 (screenshot attached)A successfull way so far to trigger it is to have a special combination of NI settings (e.g. 8xQ and 4SGSS) and an active "panel flood" in the cockpit. Try switching between 2D and VC several times. I have experienced it with every driver later than 258.96.I am pretty sure this is not a GPU issue, cause if i rerender FSX by temporary minimizing (Alt + Enter) it is gone. (i had this issue on to different proper 570GTX GPUs)Maybe this helps further investigating.