Sign in to follow this  
ZachLW

New Sleeving Job (Picture Heavy)

Well, I've almost finished my sleeving job. It was very straight forward and simple, but I managed to drop my PSU and break it pretty good. I have since ordered a Corsair AX unit to replace it. Here's a few pics to show the before and after. Amateur I know, but I'm happy with the overall result:IMAG0015-1.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0014-1.jpgBefore organizing cables and moving 3pin fan connectors to fan controller cables on the rear.IMAG0032.jpgThe finished product. Almost.IMAG0034.jpgI'll post final pics when the parts come in, including my biggest feat: The great organization on the back side.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Awesome job Zach. Very clean looking so far! Can't wait to see the final pictures!!

Thanks Ben. I'll also be painting the Nvidia logo and pen stripe along the side of my GPU blue tomorrow. I can't stand the green clashing with the blue.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks Ben. I'll also be painting the Nvidia logo and pen stripe along the side of my GPU blue tomorrow. I can't stand the green clashing with the blue.
I have considered the scythe fan controller several times. Is it worth the money?How is the build quality and customer support?

If I was going to do it over, I'd go for an Aerocool touch screen controller. Mostly because I feel the Scythe looks a little cheap on the front of my case. I'm also not one for more external wires, so I'm not personally a fan of the NZXT (though when a wireless version is available, I'll buy it in a heartbeat!)The two pin connector that the Scythe controller uses at it's board for power from 4pin molex is flimsy and fragile. I managed to break it while sleeving and had to solder the cable into place, and then insulate each wire and finally heat shrink it. If the power connector hadn't been so cheap, it would have held just fine.Also the 3 pins for the fans it uses are cheap cheap cheap. I had to recrimp the wires because one of the wires inside the plastic 3 pin broke.What do you expect for $20 though?! It gets the job done and I'd give it 4/5 stars. I'd recommend it.

Edited by ZachLW

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules