Sign in to follow this  
texerrn2

Flight Plan - Garmin question

I have noticed that the default Garmin GPS/moving map seems to function differently with the J41. I have been making my flight plans without a problem. When I bring up the GPS only one segment of the flight plan shows up, not the entire plan. Also on the moving map instead of all segments of the route being displayed only the current segment will show. I see the current line in the correct magenta color, but not the next segment in white. When I get to the next waypoint it generates a new magenta line and so on. Is this the correct behavior? I have been using FS Flight Commander to make my flight plans. It seems to work fine. My other PMDG products, B1900, 737 NGX don't exhibit this behavior. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is designed to work? The entire flight plan with all segments displays correctly in the FMS. Lee

Why do you buy a high realistic addon airplain and than use the default GPS? The JS41 has a very nice made FMC which can do much more things than the default GPS. No airliner or prop like the JS41 uses a GPS like the default one. Why don't you learn how to use the FMC, it makes twice the fun!

Agreed. There's an FMS Guide in the AVSIM file library that I made to ween people off the stupid default GPS:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=156113Pictures and all. Enjoy.New Year Resolution for you: No more default GPS.

Kyle Rodgers

I refer to the STUPID GPS that comes with the PMDG Bae Jetstream 4100.The one that is intended to be used or it would not have been included. My question has to do with why the flight plan does not display as in every other aircraft, default, PMDG or otherwise. Perhaps I will continue to explore the 'very nice made FMC' and see if I can discover what it can do that the default MS GPS. Thanks. So why does the FMC display as it does? I get critcism but not the answer. Lee

Scandanavia13, thanks for the link. I have already printed the FMS out and will be incorporating this information into my knowledge base today.I find that much more constructive. Lee

texernn,It is normaly that the display shows only some segements of the route in the JS41. It is the way how BAe designed it. Nothing wrong with it. :(