Sign in to follow this  
Firekitten

Carenado 206 VC panel (Late christmas present for ya)

Hi folks, I finished this a while back, and wanted to post this up here having finally gotten around to joining the AVSIM forums... I produced this for the 206, as one of my all time favorite sim aircraft, I was bored with the flat plain panel, so decided to revamp it based on one at my local field.pan4.jpgNote, the version for download does not include the gns430 there, (That's my personal panel!)https://rapidshare.com/files/1303933704/HD_Carenado_206_Panel.zipHope you like it, consider it a late christmas present from me to the community (Most importantly, the 206 fans!)Rachael

Thanks Rachel for your late Christmas present. I am enjoying it so far and also enjoy Carenado's C-206 as well. Would you mind sharing how to install the GNS 430 into the panel as shown in your picture?Ray MengelSpokane Valley, WA

Thanks for the compliments guys, really appreciate it, glad you like it :)Raymie:How comfortable are you with editing the panel config? (and do you own another carenado aircraft with a gns430 in?)

Hi Firekitten,I have done some editing of panel configs in the past (i.e. cut and paste) and yes I do own another Carenado ac with the GNS 430.Raymie

I just Fspanel Studio, might be A demo, makes adding those RXP gauges and custom panels a breeze. Just place, resize, and move into position.

Its not in a panel, an it's actually easier to do it by hand.. go to the vc section find the entry for radio com2nav2, delete the lettering ater the = till the numbers start (leave them) Find the gns430 in one of the other aircraft.. damn it, look, if you can hold on a few days, I'll get my laptop back with my files on, and I can post the code up to paste in, right now im stuck on a netbook thats impossible to find the darn thing with...

okie... go into the panel.cfgFind this section:[Vcockpit02]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Cessna206_2gauge00=Cessna206Radios!RadioAudio206, 0,0,256,49gauge01=Cessna206Radios!RadioCom1Nav1206, 0,61,256,81gauge02=Cessna206Radios!RadioCom2Nav2206, 0,143,256,110gauge03=Cessna206Radios!RadioAdf206, 0,254,256,64gauge04=Cessna206Radios!RadioTrans, 256,115,256,63gauge05=Cessna206Radios!RadioDME, 256,179,256,57gauge06=Cessna206Radios!RadioAP2, 256,0,256,113gauge07=Cessna2062!start, 384,238,128,127gauge08=Cessna2064!Garmin, 256,238,128,49gauge09=Cessna2062!EngineL, 0,374,448,67gauge10=Cessna2062!EngineR, 0,445,448,67gauge11=Cessna2067!lowvolt, 448,383,64,64Now, replace gauge02 with: gauge02=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 0,143,256,115Simples :D(Sorry for the delay, i had to get access to my files to find it, it was easier than trying to describe it (to me lol)

Its a total retexturing of the vc panel and glare shield based on a ship at my flying club. (has a raised black textured panel rather than the flat plain one that shipped with the carenado... I did it as a project for myself, but figured I'd share it :)Its either normal 1024 or 2048 high res, making things sharper, adding shaddow and highlights, and a more realistic finish.The panel.cfg post is to add the carenado gns430 if you wish, the instructions in the readme just ajust the default gauges slightly to keep things lined up properly (some tiny movements were required.) :)

Nice work Rachael. Installed it last night and went for a spin. Nice upgrade from the default.

Here is what it looks like on my pc.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I hope that means you like it :)One or two of the gauges looked off a tad, did you add the entries from the readme file for placement adjustments?