Sign in to follow this  
ferangel2000

Microsoft flight demo free. (spring release)

Well I might look at getting MS Fright for my son (age dirol.gif if it gets him interested in flight sim but I'll be sticking with FSX for the foreseeable because of my investment in add-ons, and most importantly the NGX.

Well I might look at getting MS Fright for my son (age dirol.gif if it gets him interested in flight sim but I'll be sticking with FSX for the foreseeable because of my investment in add-ons, and most importantly the NGX.
Me too Tom.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

OK, so you get MS Flight, you use the engine and buy the sceneries that you want to fly in. Is that not what most of us do anyway? Orbx, UTX, GEX, Aerosoft etc.
Yeah but you're not forced to buy these, default scenery works just as fine.On the other hand you have to buy god knows how many regions for a single flight, otherwise you'll hit a wall or something.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Disgusting.There not even releasing a SDK or allowing third party development. And if I read the article right you have to pay for liveries as well, or play to unlock them. It's a load of crap. The audience there targeting are not going to shell out money for more regions, they will be bored of it within a few weeks. Its a real shame because it appears to add what FSX SP3 should have added. I'm now placing my trust in the future of flightsim with P3D. (I'm not a fan if X-Plane at all).

Trust me, MS Flight will be a lot of fun for 10 years old kids that will have to turn to mommy and daddy asking for money so they can eye candy it!, at least I know my 4 Years old daughter liked it!!! :(

- what platform out there IS perfect? FSX is fine, especially if you started out flying in the very first versions of MSFS evermade for a PC.

Edited by CapnOz

Peter Osborn

When the "free" market demands another sim to the likes of what us hardcore realism simmers want then we will get it on the market for all of us to enjoy. We are a very niche group and so far there is just not enough demand. Look at the world of FPS/stealth games like Thief. Note how few and far between these are compared to dumbed down arcade shooters like COD. It's to bad that the world and especially the US is so dumbed down. This is a symptom of a much larger problem we all face. This is just one of the many facets of the result of a government run education system/media/hollywood/bad parenting shallow society of group thinkers that has changed the whole landscape of the media market. Products are produced because of the demands of the consumer, this is what makes the world work. But when the consumer has been raised with a lack of intellectual stimulation the products will certainty come to reflect that.I stand by and watch my country dive to the bowels of stupidity.On Black Friday they don't shoot you with pepper spray over the latest copy of flight sim.I have thought long and hard about what it would take to create a flight sim out of the box that would represent FSX with all the standard 3-400 dollars worth of addons and aircraft with PMDG quality and complexity with Orbyx like scenery covering the entire planet programed with the most immaculate of code. The ROI would be lucky to equal the start up cost with the amount of sales to a very very small corner of the market. It may need to cost a few hundred dollars. Most will never be willing to read for hours the 1,000's of pages of manual required to fly these aircraft that would be in this sim. I would buy it and I am sure everyone here would as well. But that is market and that is it. I don't see Avsim needing more server space any time soon and short of some intellectual revolution it looks like we will all have to make due with FSX+addons for the foreseeable future.

Edited by denver69

Some early reviews:Might work out good if there was a Windows Phone 7 version. Oh wait, its the FSX engine which is too bloated & no one bought a windows phone. Poor Microsoft. Seriously, this is AWFUL. Microsoft wasted our time.By Anonymous on 1/5/12I just installed FLIGHT as it was released last night to beta testers. I've flown it now for about 4 hours. At first you are forced to complete 2 missions in the ICON A5. These are very short ,very simple. Not very impressive. After completing these mission, the option to do Free Flights finally appears. You can choose starting locations, very basic weather & time options. Locations are limited to Hawaii. However, its only ONE island in Hawaii, you have to buy the remaining Hawaiian islands. Overall, its extremely dumbed down. It plays better on a Xbox360 controller than my 1000bux controls. Visuals are slightly better than FSX, not much to write home about. The autogen shadowing is nice. But, many features from FSX are missing. Theres NO AI traffic, No Jets, No Helicopters, No road traffic, No water reflections. No backwards compatibility & worst of all, No Addons from quality guys like Orbx PMDG. Its a Ipad game at best. I'm very disappointed. After 4 hours, I'm bored of it.By Anonymous at 2:57 PMEdit: Just found out I have an beta in my email...I will get you an own review soon:)

Edited by Rodd

OK after some flying hare's what i think:Nice graphics, but nothing spectacular, good FPS & smooth, the control of the airplane ware OK with my joystick but it's way better in FSX. I tried the multilayer (it's like in FSX) it was very smooth, with 4 planes around me chasing each other.But no navaids in Hawaii? no AI, no road traffic......it's to simple.From what I've seen now, it's a game for kids, nothing complicated about it, even when setting up the controls there are maybe 20% of the settings compared to FSX.Flight didn't appeal to me in any way & it has nothing that is revolutionary! It's simple & good for beginners. It will for shore attract kids who want to fly for free & maybe some of them will become hardcore simmers:)FSX is way more advanced IMO as of how Flight is now.

Edited by Rodd

Spot the warning at the beginning of the vid?"Crude humour and cartoon violence"!I knew FSX was missing something.Still, I know my 8-year-old will love it, so I'll download the freebie for him.

Paul Skol

Robert not to be an idot and agree with you so far but isin't the public disclosure of any information regarding this Beta program may be considered a breach of the Beta Terms, just an fyi

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Me too Tom.
That's odd, did someone replace the number with a smiley? He's in year 3 anyway and very bright! Maybe he'll be a pilot like his two great grandfathers - Sopwiths WW1 and Lancasters WW2.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.