Sign in to follow this  
fatboy1965

New GPU.

HI people,I have bought a new GPU which is the GTX 550 ti. I have installed the latest drivers for the GPU.Now when i start a flight the screen freezes 1 min into the flight. I can still access the menu at the top of the screen and the fps still shows.I'm running to screens with the second screen with my control panels on it.Is it the latest driver that could be the problem?I run SkyRim with no problems.Thanks,Dave...

Guest firehawk44

Make sure you have the highmemfix=1 tweak in the Graphics section of the fsx.cfg. If that doesn't work, then try deleting or renaming the fsx.cfg, restart fsx and let the config rebuild. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
Thanks firehawk44 that worked a treat.Could you tell me what highmemfix=1 does.Thanks again,Dave...
Fixes problems with textures going black in W7 who fly the heavy payware aircraft installed. Bojote, here at AVSIM, has a long post about tweaks and he is the one who figured this one out for us as he's not bound by any Microsoft NDA. It's one of those tweaks in the Graphics section that works for some and not for all. Glad it worked for you!Best regards,JimEDIT: Bojote's post is pinned at the top of this forum.... Edited by firehawk44