Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Prepar3D version 2.0?

With the less than inspiring news about Flight, I think many people will be turning to Prepar3D for a glimpse into the Flight Simming future.Do we know anything concrete about the upcoming version 2 of P3D?I have seen many references to it but no hard feature / improvement list other than DX11 support being looked at.Are any of the P3D devs able to share any info on this version? (without getting in trouble of course!)Also, will the $10 per month subscription service continue with v2?

Hi Glenn,$9.95 sub will be the base price for the developer network regardless of the current version of Prepar3D. Subscribers will always have access to the latest version. Sorry, can't share all of the features for v2.0 upgrade just yet until it is firmer. It will have some additions to the engine update, but just not sure what will get in.JohnPrepar3D

Sorry, can't share all of the features for v2.0 upgrade just yet until it is firmer. It will have some additions to the engine update, but just not sure what will get in.
After todays pathentic Flight announcement I'm going to subscribe to P3D. I'd been holding off since I thought Flight would actually be a worthly successor to FSX but its apparent now that is not the case.You mention you cant share all features but there must be some details you can share, what is the 'engine update' you talk about? Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

Hi Glenn,$9.95 sub will be the base price for the developer network regardless of the current version of Prepar3D. Subscribers will always have access to the latest version. Sorry, can't share all of the features for v2.0 upgrade just yet until it is firmer. It will have some additions to the engine update, but just not sure what will get in.JohnPrepar3D
Thanks for the info John.I appreciate you cannot share details, but please remember posting for us AVSIM folk when you can release more info!If my hunch is correct, v2 will be the version that makes me jump ship to P3D.looking forward to hearing more........Glenn

You mention you cant share all features but there must be some details you can share, what is the 'engine update' you talk about?
We are looking at upgrading from DX9 to DX11.

Hi,P3D is my sim of choice. XPlane lost me as a customer when they decided to go plausible world and MS Flight lost me when they went with the small geographic location option. I hope P3D has the ability to see a tremendous opportunity to gobble up the flight sim market by offering a better pricing deal to the home sim pilot enthusiast.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

FSX is good for me at the moment.Eyes are now on P3D - if a single user licence costs me £500 for lots of worthwhile improvements to FSX ie DX11, weather, better cpu management etc then that is money well spent!Would be cool if MS allowed P3D home user licences - P3D could then be for hardcore simmers and Flight for the casual crowd

Edited by graham3278

I agree - a home user license if P3D got enough subscribers would be a great idea. Shouldn't be cheap, but €500 is a steep pricetag for a private sim.I am also looking at P3D, I hope more developers jump ship, I hope P3D irons out those errors with addons and multiple contollers (bugs I had before I uninstalled it), and I hope they update this outdated engine to run better.If they manage that and addon developers see it and update their installers to reflect P3D, we are gonna have a split community - which is gonna be great!

The issue with the current LM 'buy' option is that you spend your $500 now but that only gets you the current main version. So if you buy it now, when v2 comes out your licence wont be valid and you will be required to pay an upgrade fee (at least that is my understanding from the P3D forum)You are better off with the $10 per month subscription.

Edited by Glenn Harrall

LM should come out with a 'home' option. Lets face it, most of us here dont fall into the 'home entertainment' masses that MS are concerned about. We are closer to the commercial customers that LM are looking for if anything. Therefore it would make sense for LM to accomodate us. Call it a home cockpit licence or something. Anything to differentiate it from a 'game' that MS would be ###### about.MS have made their bed with Flight. They cant be upset if the people they have ignored (ie the Sim community) now want to move on with a program that is turning out to be what FSX should have been all along.I really hope the LM marketing team have the clever hats on.....cos this is an opportunity not to be missed.

Chalk me up as one who has been watching P3D unfold and with the recent ms flail its looking VERY interesting now. :) Looking forward to seeing how dx11 plays out.

Count me in as someone who is praying that P3D becomes the FSX SP3 that Microsoft skipped out on developing and releasing.I know that we are a small "niche" in Microsoft's eyes, and I can sort of understand their rationale. With all the monetarily successful social and console games out there, they must have been under pressure to change the flight sim model, but that does not mean that a developer can't make a suitable profit from catering to our niche. I hope LM takes this opportunity seriously, and adds even more features and improvements to the FSX code that MS cheated us out off.

Have just installed P3D after taking the $9.95 sub option, first impressions are it seems a bit better on fps with similar settings to my FSX installation. Have managed to get PMDG NGX running (which runs very well) and have installed all my UK2000 sceneries (all the extreme range and all 3 vfr packages) with no problem. Seems pretty stable at the moment, although I do now get an error when exiting P3D after installing the latest FSUIPC (will ask on Pete's forum about that sometime as its not a big deal for me)

I do now get an error when exiting P3D after installing the latest FSUIPC (will ask on Pete's forum about that sometime as its not a big deal for me)
Hi, this is a known problem that has been fixed and will be in the next update. Just affects add-ons that add menu items and only when P3D exits. Developers have been kicked and beaten appropriately.John

John, thanks for the update.Have the controller issue and clouds issue also been resolved? Those were for me two biggest culprits.