Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

What was expected...

Forgive me for saying so, and for being so blunt, but what did you all expect??It was stated it would be a Windows LIVE product...which means paying for extras. What did you think the extras were? Navy ships? Shipwrecks? Landmarks?They only ever showed Hawaii.They only ever showed 2 aircraft.They used the word "game" in their news releases.They said it was a 10GB install.OrbX said they were not interested in developing for it. (If anyone knows anything, THEY DO.)I mean, there were enough clues to make it as obvious as the amount of fat in a deep fried packet of fries! They did everything short of coming out with an official news release. Now they come out with the blatant truth, something you all wanted so desperately, and now pretty much the entire community is ###### at them...without even trying the FREE DOWNLOAD.FSX is still there. P3D is still there. All your favorite add ons are still working in FSX, and FSX still looks good enough and flies good enough.I tell ya, I've never seen this much ######ing and moaning anywhere.It's like watching a bunch of kids in the 1st grade get angry when they're told they won't be getting their favorite toy for their birthday. If my daughter cried this much over something like this, I'd send her to her room with no dinner!It is what it is. See what happens in a few months and if you don't like it, so be it. Move on.

So you thought you would add to the moaning by ######ing about peoples reactions? Let everyone express themselves how they wish, if you find they are being childish like a bunch of 1st grade kids, then so be it. Move on.

So you thought you would add to the moaning by ######ing about peoples reactions?
No, I thought I would show my amazement at peoples reactions. Big difference.

No, I thought I would show my amazement at peoples reactions. Big difference.
Okay Goran. Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment. Let's suppose that your beloved Austin releases this for XP11:
  1. One island highly detailed, with outstanding graphics.
  2. One lovely not yet certified aircraft with lovely graphics and modeling, but very primitive gauges and a GPS that is worse than FSX's default. Only one screen, actually.
  3. Minimal support for hardware. Only aileron, elevator, rudder and single throttle lever will work. Nothing else is supported, so all the buttons, switches and knobs are useless.
  4. No Track IR support, nor support for the GoFlight hardware.
  5. No AI at all, not even the limited AI from XP10.
  6. No ATC at all
  7. No navaids at all
  8. No way to preposition an a/c except to actually park it (don't get too close to any building, because there's no pushback or slew, etc.)
  9. No way to simply enter the sim for "free flight" except to refly the two "lessons" first, over and over and over again, ad nauseam.
  10. No way to upgrade the sim except through the new X-Plane DLC store, and no SDK, no freeware possible, extremely limited content.
  11. No VATSIM, no IVAO, in fact nothing but a session limited to 20 users maximum at once.

Now, tell me as honestly as you can just what YOUR reaction, as well as the majority of XP's current user base would be?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What they did Goran is continue to give MS the benefit of the doubt that you plead with people to give xplane. Thats how I see it.

Forgive me for saying so, and for being so blunt, but what did you all expect??It was stated it would be a Windows LIVE product...which means paying for extras. What did you think the extras were? Navy ships? Shipwrecks? Landmarks?They only ever showed Hawaii.They only ever showed 2 aircraft.They used the word "game" in their news releases.They said it was a 10GB install.OrbX said they were not interested in developing for it. (If anyone knows anything, THEY DO.)I mean, there were enough clues to make it as obvious as the amount of fat in a deep fried packet of fries! They did everything short of coming out with an official news release. Now they come out with the blatant truth, something you all wanted so desperately, and now pretty much the entire community is ###### at them...without even trying the FREE DOWNLOAD.FSX is still there. P3D is still there. All your favorite add ons are still working in FSX, and FSX still looks good enough and flies good enough.I tell ya, I've never seen this much ######ing and moaning anywhere.It's like watching a bunch of kids in the 1st grade get angry when they're told they won't be getting their favorite toy for their birthday. If my daughter cried this much over something like this, I'd send her to her room with no dinner!It is what it is. See what happens in a few months and if you don't like it, so be it. Move on.
You mean like how you guys react in the XP forum when people say how underwhelming XP10 is?Oh the irony.... Edited by Glenn Harrall

Now, tell me as honestly as you can just what YOUR reaction, as well as the majority of XP's current user base would be?
Bill, honestly, why are the developers so upset? I can understand the simmers but you guys should be throwing a party! No porting over, no new SDK, same customer base, looks like business as usual.

You've got more than your share of ###### people over in your XPlane forum - despite your glossing over any flaws in XPX. Between that and worshiping Austin where do you find the time to come over here?

Lol, standard responses.Ok, Bill, what you are asking, actually happened to me. When I bought FSX. I didn't like it. I TRIED to like it and bought a few FSX add ons. No matter how much I tried...I didn't like it...but I didn't go in the FSX forums and start whining and complaining about it. It is what it is. Some people like FSX. Some people don't. Just because people don't like FSX, doesn't mean they should cast out, called a troll and insulted for it. I keep seeing the pro FSXers keep saying "respect my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion.". Well guess what? So am I and so is everyone else who prefers Aerofly, P3D, X Plane, Flightgear, whatever they want.Complaining to Microsoft wasn't going to get me anywhere. I saw what was possible in X Plane and gave it a chance. And I liked what I saw. I've made no secret of me being a huge MSFS ###### up until FSX. I have spent a small fortune on add ons ever since FS98. I dunno, maybe I'm better at dismissing something that doesn't interest me anymore. Maybe you guys are more devoted to the MSFS franchise than I ever was.If Austin did the same thing as Microsoft, I would look into another alternative. P3D? FSX, which in my opinion, still has a good few years left in it for those that want to continue with it.My intent is NOT to argue with people. My intent is simply to prove a point. What's good for you, and everyone else who LOVES FSX and hates x plane (which, lets face it, they do...without even delving into the inner workings), is also good for those who prefer something else. It's not about competition or arguments (for me anyway). But seriously, is all this Flight bashing really necessary? It's not very positive. It's just a lot of yelling...and all this for a product that is FREE..AND...an older product, that many people still like (FSX). I even posted that people should at least wait a few months and see what happens. Nothing is getting fixed NOW. Like MVGibbage said, GIVE IT TIME. There are always choices. I made mine when I switched to X Plane after I saw what FSX was all about. My choice. Do you really feel I should be faulted for that?

Bill, very nice reply as one needs to see things though another's eyes to understand. Additionally, it's quite easy now that the announcement has been made to play "Monday morning quarterback" and say it was so obvious, how did everyone miss it? Where was that post before the announcement, when people at were saying the same thing and getting hammered for being idiots and trolls?

Edited by Bruce Nicholson KMFR

You mean like how you guys react in the XP forum when people say how underwhelming XP10 is?Oh the irony....
No. Non x plane users come in the x plane forums and start being overly critical of x plane after spending, oh, anything from 10 minutes to 2 or 3 days (after work) in it. So your logic is irrelevant

I personally wasn't holding my breath, after being a simmer since 98 and barely upgrading to FSX from 6 years of fs9 I am content. My FSX is exciting every day, photo-real graphics unbelievable scenery's still being developed no wonder why It has become better and better since the MSF announcement. All I can say is I beleive FSX is on its last legs and will fly into the sun with the PMDG 777X. Believe me I am excited that their will be still be some developers and competition out their for my money. Someone had the Idea or mention somewhere that Orbx and FSDreamteam team up with PMDG and make a 500.00 simulator. SOLD!

You've got more than your share of ###### people over in your XPlane forum - despite your glossing over any flaws in XPX. Between that and worshiping Austin where do you find the time to come over here?
Why wouldn't I come over here? I've been selected as a beta tester for Flight. And unlike others here who have been selected, I've chosen to be mature about it and not discuss what's in it, not to make videos and put them up on youtube. Basically not to show off or have my ego stroked.Worship Austin? Glossing over X Planes flaws? And you wonder why X Plane users are defensive. These Flight forums are like a minefield. Nothing like the X Plane forums. God help anyone who actually has anything NICE to say about Flight.

No. Non x plane users come in the x plane forums and start being overly critical of x plane after spending, oh, anything from 10 minutes to 2 or 3 days (after work) in it. So your logic is irrelevant
Sorry Spock,I call it how I see it!There have been PLENTY of opinion pieces written very nicely where both positives and negatives were highlighted, yet the x-plane fans (all 4 of you) quickly jump in and berate the author.Your behaviour is equally as silly as the people you now complain about in your 1st post on this thread.