Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some thoughts on Flight...

MarkW, on 06 January 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:No mention of P3D ?I was wondering that myself. Since all eyes are now on P3D, I would have expected PMDG at least looking that way... but not even mentioned. Must be something else here.Regards,Srdan Kostic (aka Word Not Allowed)
This is also my question.... what about P3D ?

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Very well put sir. I remember over 15 years ago picking up my first copy of Flight Simulator (then version 5.1). That game was intense...after all it came on 4 floppy disks! I was in heaven, and as the years progressed I watched as the franchise grew....and grew....and well, lost it's direction clearly. I am beyond disappointed that once again a software developer feels the need to cater to the lower echelon of society. This is not to say there is no room for games like Flight, but does anyone remember Sim Societies? Maxis did the same thing when they felt Sim City had grown too much to appeal to a wide user base, so they turned the game into a ridiculous and watered down shell of what it use to be.I will be emailing and calling Microsoft today to voice my displeasure with their decision, and I can only hope that I am as professional sounding as Robert when I do so.Joshua Weinstein
I bought sim societies for 20 minutes store it away, and reinstalled old Simcity a day later. Maxis Simplicity was great spend hours building a huge city that expanded for miles in all directions. I hope MS comes to its senses, but I know FSX still got legs to run on, and FSX will get 30 frames out of box on mid level computers now.

Seem new flight not so friendly for develop,anyway i still follow PMDG.

I couldn't agree more! FSX will be around for a while, and you guys have truly raised the bar.Good luck in 2012!Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

What about Lockheed Martin's Prepare3D? Has or will PMDG consider to make products compatible with this platform? It seems like other devolopers, like Aerosoft, will make their products availible for both platforms.

What about Lockheed Martin's Prepare3D? Has or will PMDG consider to make products compatible with this platform? It seems like other devolopers, like Aerosoft, will make their products availible for both platforms.
In fact, PMDG is P3D ready already. The only problem is the installer which doesn't find P3D. I bet that would be a 30min work to "fix".

Thanks Robert for your comments on FLIGHT. It's a pity in a sense but very happy you will be "sticking" with FSX. VERY much looking forward to the 777 previews...!By the way, whats the difference from FSX to P3D?

PMDG, why don't you try to develop your own Flight Sim platform? Maybe this would be a huge undertaking for you, but at least you've got the skills to do it!

This article doesn't surprise me at all.And this is why I love PMDG so much, it always was quality over profit, always will be.Keep up the good work PMDG!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

fsx is a fine platform. Maybe lockheed will make it more consumer based in the future as a $500 license is ridiculous. However, I'm not surprised about flight. MS is a money making company they are going to base most of their market strategy over something that makes money for them i.e. xbox360 and microsoft live based ideals. There will be another simulator out there sooner than later so I wouldn't worry about it too much and since hardware is becoming faster it shouldn't make too much of a difference. Lets keep fsx just as a platform and let the addon companies use their own autopilots and let them tweak the fsx flight dynamics. Or we could go to xplane- go back on scenery and design the flight dynamics from the ground up. I've heard that Austin doesn't really care if you throw his system out.

You can get Prepar3D for $9.95 per month if you get a developers license.We can all stick with FSX for another couple of years or so, especially if the DX10 features are utilised. But bear in mind that while FSX is standing still, Prepar3D is moving forward. There is already talk of version 1.2, which will feature DX11 rendering and more.At least we have both X-plane and Prepar3D as possible platforms in the future. In situations like these, I think only time will tell. I certainly shan't be getting Prepar3D whilever FSX is alive. What would tempt me to go over to Prepar3D is if developers started acknowledging it and providing versions of their software specifically for it, which is very easy to do at the moment./Jason

The only silver lining i see in all of this is that maybe thousands of the video game kids in America will buy Flight, play it for awhile, and then look for something "better" and "more realistic" and find their way to FSX. I'm just concerned that, after releasing Flight, MicroShaft will just stop distributing FSX.Thanks for the update. Sounds like the Flight team at MS are a bunch of pissants.

Ah yes, making money from somebody elses work ... the very core of capitalism
Umm keep this out of here. We don't want an argument. Edited by stevenp