Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

FSX Freezes my whole computer

Sometimes when I do longhaul I just leave computer on for night with FSX running. However maybe like in 2 of 5 that kind flight my whole computer has frozen in that time, screen is not moving at all, you can hear no sound and really nothing you do effects anything, only turning power switch off closes the computer.Im using Windows 7 64 bit with Uiautomationcore.dll files removed from my windows as that normal fix where you put downloaded one to FSX root folder did not help.My application log has nothing from time when it has frozen, from my system log I can find one error from that time: Palvelin {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2} ei rekisteröitynyt DCOM:n kanssa annetun ajan sisällä.Yeah I have finnish system, I try to translate them, something like Server {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2} did not register with DCOM:n in timeThen this message seems interesting, idk what it meansPalvelu WinHTTP WWW -välityspalvelimen automaattinen etsintäpalvelu on tilassa pysäytetty.Service WinHTTP WWW - transmission servers automatic searchservice is in state stopped- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro...08/events/event">- <System><Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /><EventID Qualifiers="16384">7036</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>4</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-01-07T07:26:20.755694600Z" /><EventRecordID>16402</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="564" ThreadID="5332" /><Channel>System</Channel><Computer>omistaja-PC</Computer><Security /></System>- <EventData><Data Name="param1">WinHTTP WWW -välityspalvelimen automaattinen etsintäpalvelu</Data><Data Name="param2">pysäytetty</Data><Binary>570069006E0048007400740070004100750074006F00500072006F00780079005300760063002F0031000000</Binary></EventData></Event>- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro...08/events/event">- <System><Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /><EventID Qualifiers="49152">10010</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-01-07T00:26:14.000000000Z" /><EventRecordID>16367</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /><Channel>System</Channel><Computer>omistaja-PC</Computer><Security /></System>- <EventData><Data Name="param1">{73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4}</Data></EventData></Event>I have no idea what causes this... When it crashed I was flying with Wilco Airbus Evolution A340-600, but this has happened to me earlier too...With this particular flight I was using Active Sky Evolution weather program.

Edited by pvjinflight

Guest firehawk44

Here's a possible solution for the Service Control Manager event - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/event-id-7036-the-cng-key-isolation-service/249e6383-0545-4201-9aa8-17e4126b16de. Make sure you have full administrative rights for the ASE program by right clicking on the ase.exe (or whatever program starts up ASE) and selecting run as administrator. Make sure User Access Controls (UAC) are disabled. If none of that works, you can highlight each Guid (like 1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E) and do a Google or Bing search. Best regards,Jim

Ok, I already run it as administrator and UAC is turned off. I will try to do that same flight with another aircraft & without ASE tonight and see if crash happens, and try also with one that I used but without ASE. Actually I have had those no signal issues that were pointed out on that link, but those mainly have happened on startup.

Edited by pvjinflight

It's now possible that the pc is having problems because it needs the UIAutomationCore.dll, pvjinflight, and now can't find it, so copy this original one, #1, below,http://dl.dropbox.co...in7_default.dll - renaming it afterward to it's proper name:back into:-C:\Windows\System32\C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_0c0d85465bcceb37C:\Windows\SysWOW64C:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_16622f98902dad32Then copy #2, below:-http://dl.dropbox.co...in_fsx_root.dll - renaming it as above, into the FSX root folder.That's the easy part. Now - the hard part. You need to correct the ownership and permissions of those four original UIAutomationCore.dll files...Rt-click on the first one, Properties - > Security, and there needs to be four Groups/Usernames in the top box. These are:SYSTEM..............Read & Execute, ReadAdministrators......Read & Execute, ReadUsers...................Read & Execute, ReadTrustedInstaller....Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read, WriteAdd them if necessary, and give them those permissions, by clicking Advanced -> Change Permissions. Following this go to the Owner tab, and check that TrustedInstaller is the owner. Do this for all four copies.After that, go to the Vista version (#2) (which you've placed in the FSX root and renamed it), and make sure it's owned by the Administrator (although I'm not sure it matters here, as you own FSX, and you are probably a member of the Admin group anyway.I do not think that you need to register the four system .dll's as they are in the system's root folders.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok did that, I tried to do some menu clicking now and didnt get crash from that atleast. I will try to do some longhauls now and see if problem continues.

Guest jahman

Just in case, confirm your MSVC and .NET Runtimes are up to date via Windows Update.Cheers,- jahman.

Ok, now it froze again with Uiautomationcore fix done, in about 1 hours of flight when descending whole computer just froze, and nothing effected screen any way, had to turn off power to restart. Was using Ifly 737.Probably I need to try that update thing then, though idk if it helps...Anyone have idea what this means, from windows application log?

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Then this one came just when it froze I think:
EventSystem-alijärjestelmä estää tapahtumalokin kaksoiskappaleet 86400 sekunnin ajan. Eston aikakatkaisua voi ohjata REG_DWORD-arvolla, jonka nimi on SuppressDuplicateDuration ja joka löytyy seuraavasta rekisteriavaimesta: HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftEventSystemEventLog.
Which in english seems to be
The COM+ sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for aduration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by aREG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registrykey: HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftCOM3Eventlog.
Also it says "The Windows Management Instrumentation service has detected an inconsistent system shutdown."Would be really nice to stop this... Edited by pvjinflight

Guest firehawk44
Anyone have idea what this means, from windows application log?
Try this fix - http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/114389-heres-how-to-fix-wmi-event-id-10-instancemodificationeven/. If you Google ["SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003] (without the brackets), you will come up with several more possible solutions. Best regards,Jim

Those do not seem to work.. With first one I did everything it said and successfully removed repository folder and did two reboots, and that folder just respawns there...Second one should move that folder somewhere if I understand right, anyways it created just empty folder, nothing else.

Never mind, I found how to stop it from respawning. Googled and found that Windows cannot create new folder if there is empty file with same name, I removed that folder again and created empty file with that name which I set to read only mode and rebooted, now its not respawned.Lets hope that problem is solved with this now.

Edited by pvjinflight