Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cee-Jaay

Interesting effect with amount of AI displayed

Hi there,Having built a new rig a few months back I was experimenting with various settings and noticed just how much AI affected framerates, what was interesting to find that it didn't seem linear.For example placing the microlight at Jackson Int'l (where there was no AI parked) I was getting framerates around 100.When I moved to Jackson Hole (Wyoming) where there was a single A320 parked-up, the frame rate was around 60.And at a busy and complex airport (like FSDT Los Angeles) it settles down at around 25.I can only assume that as soon as any AI is placed, FSX invokes a large amount of additional processing to manage the AI Flightplan, jetty states, etc.Chris.

That really is not a good test. Some of the framerate issues are caused with bad airport textures. For instance, at yssy if i look at the terminal my frameates drop really low if i look away they go up, at ysch, wuth ai i get higher fr with ai, the only real test is to do it at different airports with the ai slider at 0 then move it up to 100% and see the difference.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

31%
    $7,795.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now