Sign in to follow this  
aric.taylor

start up

Hi,I purchased the 737-800/900ngx when it came out. I just purchased the package for the 600.700 FSX this evening. I can not for the life of my get the engines to start. I start with a cold and dark, turn the batteries on, fire up the APU and get APU egt rise, the blue light on the electrical bus comes on, BUT, i can not select it to get power.Any ideas? I have flown hundreds of hours on the 800 so don't think I am missing anything.....

Are the Pack off to get right duct pressure from APU bleed air?

Edited by VLJ510

Are the Pack off to get right duct pressure from APU bleed air?
Definatly make sure of that. I cant tell you how many times I havent turned the packs off in a payware plane and have been banging my head on the table because the engines wont start. I have learned better now Edited by West Wind 2933

Solved the issue.For everyones future reference. This is what happened.When I went to install the 600/700 package, I was told my 800/900 needed to be updaded. I downloaded that update, then proceeded to install the 600/700. After experiencing these issues, I thought I would load up my 800 series to see if it was still working. I was asked to re-enter my registraion code from that fleet as well. So I did so. Now everything works... Perhaps a little piracy prevention on PMDG's part???? Regardless... It works now.