Can anyone please clue me up as to how to stop my MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick from spiking the AP in my PMDG 747-400 when trying to use the hat buttons configured for the FS2Crew Main Button and Secondary Button during the climb-out phase. The minute I just touch the joystick I get an AP disconnect and the aircraft plummets. The Sidewinder is USB-connected and powered up too.I tried putting check-marks in the registered FSUPIC under Misc tab but it made no difference.Thanks.

Beats me - I have 747 and MSFF2, and no spiking at all. I don't have FS2Crew though.My only advice is use FSUIPC for assignments, all of them. That way everything is separated. I unassigned my whole joystick (all buttons and axes), except the hat, from FSX and into FSUIPC.

Beats me - I have 747 and MSFF2, and no spiking at all. I don't have FS2Crew though.My only advice is use FSUIPC for assignments, all of them. That way everything is separated. I unassigned my whole joystick (all buttons and axes), except the hat, from FSX and into FSUIPC.
Thanks for that,Srdan. It's a bind to have to disconnect and reconnect the joystick through Ctrl+K each time. I'll try your suggestion and see how I fare.

I use the Microsoft FF2 religiously. I even bought a few extra sticks from Ebay because I love it with FSX. I have always used this stick since its inception. It's unfortunate that no one ever stepped up to make one as good or better. Using Russell Dirks' Force Feedback 2 software and shutting off forces in FSX works perfectly for me on ALL planes. I do no use FSUIPC.Stan

I could well be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere, that this below, gets rid of the spike problem..(I hope so)[CONTROLS]stick_sensitivity_mode=0

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for your inputs, Stan and Paul. Will try getting that Russell Dirk file. Yes, I went into FSX and unchecked the Force Feedback settings there and touch wood whilst right now in the middle of a long flight with the 747-400X, so far have not had the aircraft yaw-yawing when I touch the FF2 buttons.

Thanks for your inputs, Stan and Paul. Will try getting that Russell Dirk file. Yes, I went into FSX and unchecked the Force Feedback settings there and touch wood whilst right now in the middle of a long flight with the 747-400X, so far have not had the aircraft yaw-yawing when I touch the FF2 buttons.
FSForce is a tool of the choice for me. Never has simming been any better. I'll probably get a 2nd one when I get a chance, just for backup.

Word Not Allowed,You would be "wise" to do that. There has never been an equal to the Microsoft FF2 joystick.Stan

FSForce is overpriced for what it does IMHO. I use the MS FF stick through FSUIPC and it works fine although the forces are a bit "light" as Microsoft never bothered updating the drivers to use it properly in Windows 7 as far as I am aware:(

No, it's not, considering I'm "using" it on every flight since the make of the FS9, or better said since I got the MSFF2.

Other than spending a further $40-odd getting Russell Dirk's software, which would make using the current MS Sidewinder FF2 joystick a tad too expensive in an already expensive hobby, to use, is there no other alternative, other than opting for FSUPIC which in reality does absolutely nothing to control the spikes if I as much as gently touch any button on the control column, which throw my PMDG 747-400 all over the place?I'm getting so hacked off that I'm almost ready to open the window and sling this useless piece of MS-manufactured unsupported hardware out and revert to a cheapo non-FF joystick that has never given me any spiking problems.

The question that you gotta ask yourself is: is the hardware or software problem. What you should do is make sure, 100%, that it's not hardware defect. How? Complete FSX reinstall, totally cleaning the system. (doesn't mean you gotta delete you CURRENT install)

The question that you gotta ask yourself is: is the hardware or software problem. What you should do is make sure, 100%, that it's not hardware defect. How? Complete FSX reinstall, totally cleaning the system. (doesn't mean you gotta delete you CURRENT install)
Thanks Srdan. I know it worked flawlessly when I had a fairly cheap non-FF joystick connected, and the FF2 has worked equally flawlessly in FS9. But your suggestion is worth a look although I cannot say I relish a reinstall. Let's see.

Dirks' software is NOT expensive when you realize that it gives the FF joystick the feel it was supposed to have....but didn't. FS Force makes the forces much more realistic and thus more immersive. That is, after all, what we're after...right? If you have force feedback, you'll never feel it properly without this software, IMHO.Stanps. You can get a free try (demo version) of it at his website.....it's limited, but gives an accurate representation. Activate it only if you think it's worth it.http://www.fs-force.com/

Thanks Srdan. I know it worked flawlessly when I had a fairly cheap non-FF joystick connected, and the FF2 has worked equally flawlessly in FS9. But your suggestion is worth a look although I cannot say I relish a reinstall. Let's see.
Again, it's not a reinstall. There is a fairly simple procedure of how to make a new installation without removing the old one or putting it at risk - you rename all the folders that have anything to do with FSX. (there are about 4 of them)Then you reinstall - repair. Install SP1. Go to the uninstall panel, remove SP2. Install SP2. Voila. You got clean FSX to play with. To return, delete new folders, rename those 4 back and you got your FSX working as usual.If you need details, chime in.