Sign in to follow this  
dazzystar

Small app for IYP users - May help others

Hi all,I've written a small AH script and compiled it into an exe file for those of you, like me, are frustrated with the MS Speech Recognition system occasionally listening in on a cough, splutter, sneeze, shouting at the kids and translating this into a command when using IYP.It is mapped to the right CTRL key and acts like a PTT (hold down to talk release to stop). Disable or remove the PTT key in IYP (if set). Then when you first start up IYP and once the MS speech system loads up & opens ensure it is off (click it's microphone button) otherwise my program will work in the opposite way (i.e. release to talk press for silence).If anyone would like it mapped to a different key then let me know. If someone can advise me how I can upload the file I'd appreciate it.I hope you find it useful.Darren

Get yourself a "DropBox", and just put the link in this thread....https://www.dropbox.com/Download it from that link, and install it. Very quick and easy, and very efficient.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I've written a small AH script and compiled it into an exe file for those of you, like me, are frustrated with the MS Speech Recognition system occasionally listening in on a cough, splutter, sneeze, shouting at the kids and translating this into a command when using IYP.It is mapped to the right CTRL key and acts like a PTT (hold down to talk release to stop). Disable or remove the PTT key in IYP (if set).
I'm curious as to whay you don't use the built-in one in IYP? I've always used it and never have had such a problem.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,The PTT function in IYP works fine but doesn't switch off / on the MS speech engine (unless I haven't set things up correctly which could be possible!). Hence, when not speaking to Michelle the MS engine is listening to everything else.Darren

The PTT function in IYP works fine but doesn't switch off / on the MS speech engine (unless I haven't set things up correctly which could be possible!). Hence, when not speaking to Michelle the MS engine is listening to everything else.
Really? I didn't know that. If it is 'listening' as you say, what is it doing with the results? I don't quite follow. You seem to be implying that the IYP PTT does nothing, but it certainly does work. If IYP should do more, such as presumably what your program or script is doing, why not just ask Robert Cesar to modify IYP likewise? Wouldn't that be the best solution for everyone? He's very amenable to suggestions and takes them all on board, I assure you!RegardsPete

Hi Everyone,I hope you all had a nice holiday season.RE: Small PTT (Microphone Switch) app I spent a considerable amount of time attempting to implement a RELIABLE KEYBOARD HOOK in Dot.Net - in particular, one that would operate on 32 and 64 bit systems.. Regrettably, there are some serious issue with this approach. IMPORTANT DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS:1. The Speech Recognition system needed to implemented in the SHARED MODE, in particular to meet the needs of our blind pilots, and others with special considerations. 2. Per #1 above, IYP needs to remain in as the FOREGROUND application in order to have the spoken phrases pass through the IYP grammer library. If the phrase is not recognised, then the IYP system passes the SAPI phrase on for subsequent desktop processing.UNFORTUNATELY REALITY:Global hooks are not supported in the .NET Framework. Except for the WH_KEYBOARD_LL low-level hook and the WH_MOUSE_LL low-level hook, you cannot implement global hooks in the Microsoft .NET Framework. To install a global hook, a hook must have a native DLL export to inject itself in another process that requires a valid, consistent function to call into. This behavior requires a DLL export. The .NET Framework does not support DLL exports. Managed code has no concept of a consistent value for a function pointer because these function pointers are proxies that are built dynamically.To make matters worse, a Global Keyboard Handler can't work on a 64-bit operating system with AnyCPU. In effect, the Marshal.GetHINSTANCE() cast is broken. I can however, OPTIONALLY reliably provide for TURNING ON/OFF the Speech Recognition system by using the facilities Pete Dowson included in FSUIPC - namely the IYP Listen On and IYP Listen Off in the Button + Switches section. For information on how to implement this facility, please refer to PAGE 162 of the IYP Users' Manual located here:http://www.itsyourplane.com/html/manuals.aspI will provide for this in version 4.1.0.259.Best regards,RobertHappy New Year

I will provide for this in version 4.1.0.259.
Thanks, Robert!
Happy New Year
You too!Best RegardsPete