Sign in to follow this  
NXGFlyer87

Gladiator PC's

Does anyone use any of the Gladiator PC's, more specifically this PC here. Just wondering how FSX and more importantly the NGX holds up?Any feedback would be great thanks in advance.

I've not got a Gladiator PC so can't comment on build quality etc but the spec of the one at your link is very similar to my self built PC that runs FSX and the NGX well. The differences are that I used a GTX570 card and have the earlier P67 chipset. Around the time the NGX was released Ryan Maziarz from PMDG was recommending much the same as being suitable for the NGX, I can't find the thread now but if you want to search these forums his user name is Tabs.Andy Lawton

Does anyone use any of the Gladiator PC's, more specifically this PC here. Just wondering how FSX and more importantly the NGX holds up?Any feedback would be great thanks in advance.
If It's from Aria Technology, then rest assured that you will be getting a quality product. In all the years that I have been building computers, I have yet to come across anything that they sell or make that was below par.This particular model has the processor, the RAM, the hard drive, and the graphics card to get you up and zooming into the FSX skies with ease. I'd say a good buy.And no, before being sceptical, I have nothing to do with Aria. I work for an entirely different IT company(the largest in the UK) and I do not buy what they sell.

Hey Craig, sounds like a fantastic price. However, just as an option... it may well be you are an aficianado of overclocking, but if like me you have limited experience with OCing, you could consider Overclockers UK. They sell systems already OCd. If you are running FSX then you want to get the absolute most from your CPU. My rig is only a couple of months old and came with the i5 2500K OC'd to 4.6Ghz, which is a big difference from the factory setting of 3.3Ghz!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

That's guys for your response. I just love flying the v world and really want a better system. My little dual core core system which runs not bad, but as I get familiar with addon's to heighten the realism, REX2.0 and EZDOK, it's starting to get slow. Thanks again. Time to get saving!!

Hey Craig, sounds like a fantastic price. However, just as an option... it may well be you are an aficianado of overclocking, but if like me you have limited experience with OCing, you could consider Overclockers UK. They sell systems already OCd. If you are running FSX then you want to get the absolute most from your CPU. My rig is only a couple of months old and came with the i5 2500K OC'd to 4.6Ghz, which is a big difference from the factory setting of 3.3Ghz!
Hey Howard, glad to see I'm not the only one new to OCing! I live down under but know Somerset well (God I miss the UK sometimes). Will check out OCUK but really looking for more guidance on this. I'm sure I'll fry something but have it all backed up! It's all PMDG's fault - why did they have to develop such a masterpiece, the NGX, I will never know.

Haha I know what you mean whiteknuckle, they must have shares in every computer company in the world cause they know when people buy this they are going to want better computers! God damn them!

I have my i7-2600k overclocked and whilst I know it may reduce the life expectancy of the CPU, by the time it dies it will cost probably only a fifth of the original price to replace, or it will likely be time to upgrade anyway......

overclocking on the sandybridge platform couldnt be easier. especially if, you have an asus motherboard in my experience, But im sure other brands have preset profiles or windows applications that do the OCing for you and you can achieve at least 4.4Ghz

Hey Howard, glad to see I'm not the only one new to OCing! I live down under but know Somerset well (God I miss the UK sometimes). Will check out OCUK but really looking for more guidance on this. I'm sure I'll fry something but have it all backed up! It's all PMDG's fault - why did they have to develop such a masterpiece, the NGX, I will never know.
Hi TomFor a simple 'talk-you-thru-it' tutorial, you could try visiting bit-tech.net forums, and there are quite a few guides there to help you overclock. And as has been already stated, having an Asus MoBo makes the task easy as it comes with software to help you do that. Main attention to pay is to keeping that CPU cool in an o/c, i.e. intake and exhaust fans, which is where the investment into a good case comes in.Bet you miss the 'scrumpy' from Somerset?

Hi TomFor a simple 'talk-you-thru-it' tutorial, you could try visiting bit-tech.net forums, and there are quite a few guides there to help you overclock. And as has been already stated, having an Asus MoBo makes the task easy as it comes with software to help you do that. Main attention to pay is to keeping that CPU cool in an o/c, i.e. intake and exhaust fans, which is where the investment into a good case comes in.Bet you miss the 'scrumpy' from Somerset?
Thanks for the feedback Howard. Any suggestions for a good case as I could get a new one early before building a new system, probably later this year? It's ironic that my previous system was Asus & Nvidia based but I thought I'd have a change - should have done some research but wasn't really doing much with FSX back then. I do remember coming very unstuck on scrumpy but that's going back some! The stuff the local farmers make is like jet fuel, excuse the pun.

I do remember coming very unstuck on scrumpy but that's going back some! The stuff the local farmers make is like jet fuel, excuse the pun.
:( nice one, becoming unstuck on scrumpy is not hard to do! As for cases, there are other guys around here who have more experience with different cases than me. All I can say is that my new rig came with an Antec 300, and although it is a budget case at about £50, it is nevertheless a good looking case, appears to be well made and seems to have an adequate cool through design. I would rather put money into what's inside a case rather than some of the more expensive offerings that are about. If you'd like to read many reviews about the case then here 'ya go... http://www.google.co...IwAQ&os=reviews PS. Once you read the reviews your mind may be made up! Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Here's the place I've been getting all my gear over the years - http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/cases-included-c-125_126.html - the strong AUD helps (see your case here for $60). The LanBoy Air looks awesome but I won't be spending that much. The Skeleton is a bit different but I'm probably too conventional for that. Something around $150 would be what I'm looking for. Howard, out of interest, what CPU cooling are you running, have I missed something in your sig?

Here's the place I've been getting all my gear over the years - http://www.centrecom...-c-125_126.html - the strong AUD helps (see your case here for $60). The LanBoy Air looks awesome but I won't be spending that much. The Skeleton is a bit different but I'm probably too conventional for that. Something around $150 would be what I'm looking for. Howard, out of interest, what CPU cooling are you running, have I missed something in your sig?
Hi Tom(Down Under)As Howard has stated, that Antec 300 is a very good case and has been a recommended case for many months in the CPC mags. Alternatively, and I do not know if you can obtain this in Oz, you could look at the Silverstone TJ08-E which retails here for around £79-£ mega_shok.gif,another excellent case.Personally, I opted for the Antec 900/2 as I was future-proofing for my proposed Intel i5-2500K based system. For cooling that o/c'd CPU I'll be using a Be Quiet! Dark Power Advance and may at a later stage depending on the o/c stability,opt for the excellent Corsair H80 liquid cooling.

Here's the place I've been getting all my gear over the years - http://www.centrecom...-c-125_126.html - the strong AUD helps (see your case here for $60). The LanBoy Air looks awesome but I won't be spending that much. The Skeleton is a bit different but I'm probably too conventional for that. Something around $150 would be what I'm looking for. Howard, out of interest, what CPU cooling are you running, have I missed something in your sig?
Hi Tom, I know I'm going to sound like a newbie nerd, but I don't know the cooler :( 'cos the rig was built by Overclockers UK. As for coolers, the only thing I would say is don't spend a whole load of dosh on water cooling, or some fancy overpriced bit of kit, as it is not necessary. The new SBs can run cooler than their predecessors and so a moderate air cooler should be good to get you to 4.6Ghz, maybe even more, with no problem. I previously had an i7950 which I OCd to 4.2. It ran beautifully stable for over twelve months being cooled on air by a Hyper 212 plus, which is a great cooler at an even better price!

Howard