Sign in to follow this  
CVEP

will it have the potential to become the new platform?

I just watched some vids on youtube. This sim looks much better than Flight. It also covers a small area, so we could compare the two. I know nothing about sim engines, but if Aerofly gets enough followers, would we be able to get more countries (preferably the whole world), ATC realwx etc.? This is the first time a sim looks like real world, also because there seem to be no jaggies.

Count me in too, just have to wait for the downloadable version coz shipping cost is ridiculous. Physics look excellent

I just watched some vids on youtube. This sim looks much better than Flight. It also covers a small area, so we could compare the two. I know nothing about sim engines, but if Aerofly gets enough followers, would we be able to get more countries (preferably the whole world), ATC realwx etc.? This is the first time a sim looks like real world, also because there seem to be no jaggies.
No jaggies...? If you have jaggies in FSX you haven't set up your GPU the right way. And the ground in Aerofly FS is quite low res. I see jaggies everywhere. Maybe not on small screenshots taken from a high altitude, but when the plane gets closer to the ground everything is blurred. Or maybe you are talking about other jaggies...?The game is interesting but not a sim. Not yet, at least. I suppose it's got potential and if they can add real world weather, atc, ai and make the instruments clickable and fully working and (above all) simulate systems, then it might become an interesting sim. But not right now. I start to repeat myself but you can take the C172 to 20.000 feet at 1000 fpm, so... when it comes to simming MS Flight is more of a sim then Aerofly FS. :wink:About getting the whole world: I don't think that is going to happen. They need 18 Gb for Switzerland alone already... Photoreal needs a lot of disc space.

Yep, ive got a 1tb hdd for photoscenery and its full. Am trying to cover th whole world...but im guessing thats 10tb, and thensource data doesnt really exist in an adequate quality.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Photo scenery has its advantages, but for covering whole continents, it's not going to work. Even if the problems of transferring and storing all the photographic data are solved, the quality, cost and and availability of such data is going to cause problems.The developers will have to create a whole different scenery system that uses coarse land cover data combined with vector data for water bodies, roads, rivers etc. to create believable scenery. No easy task...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

getting back to the start of this thread , there is no doubt that aerofly have come up with something interesting as a first attempt, one has to remember the likes of fsx didnt happen overnight, remember fs2 the starting point?and it has lots of positives from which they can go forward , and it hasnt been slagged off like flight , so I think a gentle thumbs up to aerofly and keep up the good work!I for 1 will buy it as there are times when i want to "fly" without having to spend half an hour setting up an a/c and a situation only to risk having a ctd for me the glider seems very interesting. there is plenty of room for a new sim especially as m.s. seem to have shot themselves in the foot.

Nigel.Porter

getting back to the start of this thread , there is no doubt that aerofly have come up with something interesting as a first attempt, one has to remember the likes of fsx didnt happen overnight, remember fs2 the starting point?
That's complete nonsense, of course. And very unfair to say. What you are saying now is that MS should have given us FSX on a PC from the eighties... That doesn't make sense, of course. FS2 was the best they could do on the platform of those days. If Ikarus would have been around in 198#, they wouldn't have been able to create Aerofly FS as it is now.Anyway, before you buy it, read the posts of bstolle on this forum who did a short review on Aerofly FS (here it is: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358999-anyone-tried-it-out/page__view__findpost__p__2225975 ', which clearly is NOT the new sim some people are hoping for. Edited by J van E

This sim is just another foolish knee jerk reaction.
Can't blame the sim or the developers for that. It's a nice little aerobatics/soaring/VFR simulator that can give you many hours of fun. It's not their fault that everyone wants/expects it to be the next FSX. They never claimed it was. Edited by JimmiG

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

That's complete nonsense, of course. And very unfair to say. What you are saying now is that MS should have given us FSX on a PC from the eighties... That doesn't make sense, of course. FS2 was the best they could do on the platform of those days. If Ikarus would have been around in 198#, they wouldn't have been able to create Aerofly FS as it is now.Anyway, before you buy it, read the posts of bstolle on this forum who did a short review on Aerofly FS (here it is: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2225975 ', which clearly is NOT the new sim some people are hoping for.
.....he wasn't saying that FS2 should have been better. He was saying that MSFS started off as a leaner, less feature-rich simulator and evolved to what we have today..... FSX. Thus it's silly to expect AeroflyFS V1.0 to be at the level of FSX, on it's first iteration. Read people's posts more thoroughly before responding aggresively huh?

Prepar3D will be the new Gen simulation platform because it is the only known platform (other than Xplane) that is continuing development on a world scale. It will eventually include DX11 and who knows what else they have in store.

.....he wasn't saying that FS2 should have been better. He was saying that MSFS started off as a leaner, less feature-rich simulator and evolved to what we have today..... FSX. Thus it's silly to expect AeroflyFS V1.0 to be at the level of FSX, on it's first iteration. Read people's posts more thoroughly before responding aggresively huh?
Aggresively...? Hm, sorry you took it that way.
Prepar3D will be the new Gen simulation platform because it is the only known platform (other than Xplane) that is continuing development on a world scale. It will eventually include DX11 and who knows what else they have in store.
Hm, no matter how you look at it you can never really call it a new gen sim because it's till based on old gen... You can change it, you can make it better, but it will never be NEW. Apart from the gen part, it still has to be seen if P3D has a future for simmers. Edited by J van E

Hm, no matter how you look at it you can never really call it a new gen sim because it's till based on old gen... You can change it, you can make it better, but it will never be NEW. Apart from the gen part, it still has to be seen if P3D has a future for simmers.
I agree, although I think you may have got caught up in the semantics of my post. I could have been clearer. P3D has code that is old now but it's the only code you'll probably see in your and my lifetime that has the entire world covered and doesn't look completely wierd (like xplane; IMHO). Now from what John Nicol has been alluding to in the most simplistic form is that DX11 is bound for P3D at some point which will most likely drop FSX in the water in terms of graphics and rendering engine. Remember the P3D team is investing $$ and time in something that has a future (in his eyes) and if you see his posts he wants the community to be involved because he knows it will create momentum for the product. I think the big thing for P3D is not knowing if all developers will come on board and create/amend their products to work natively with it.Just think, this is a simulator that will be build for a purpose that will not leave any room for crashes and major bugs because otherwise they will have trouble selling it to their customers. In a commercial context they will just say "nope don't want it".I know i'm a little pro P3D but I have followed all of Johns and Dev teams posts and they, to me, say there is a future in this product. Bill Gates didn't just say this about his future for S%&ts and giggles. Look where he ended up. BUT, if you're happy with FSX this is justified to you so I'm not trying to convert you just inject a little simmers spirit.Cheers Edited by kelvinr